lilmac

Most underrated films of 2012

John Carter and The Amazing Spider-ManI'll have to watch the Grey soon.

oh yes amazing spiderman too. Thought in some ways it was better than spiderman 1. Had its weak points but because the previous spiderman movies are so recent in our memories i think its just naturally hard for us to move forward so soon. It will happen with the new batman movies, guaranteed. Raimi and Nolan set the bar high

Cloud AtlasEnd of WatchPerks of Being a WallflowerRuby SparksSafety Not GuaranteedSilver Linings PlaybookPitch PerfectRise of the GuardiansLife of PiTrouble With the CurveArbitrageSparkleHit and RunHope SpringsMIB 3Moonrise KingdomCabin in the WoodsCasa De Mi padreGoon

Cloud AtlasEnd of WatchPerks of Being a WallflowerRuby SparksSafety Not GuaranteedSilver Linings PlaybookPitch PerfectRise of the GuardiansLife of PiTrouble With the CurveArbitrageSparkleHit and RunHope SpringsMIB 3Moonrise KingdomCabin in the WoodsCasa De Mi padreGoon

Nice list but is Silver Linings Playbook underrated? I mean it hasn't achieved a level of attention on these boards that we refer to it as SLP :) but I'd argue that it is getting the attention it supposedly deserves. I plan to see it next month. Edited by lilmac

The Pirates! Band of MisfitsBetween the weak ad campaign, the lack of American appeal (it is indeed distinctly British), and the decision to open the week before The Avengers, it was always doomed at the domestic box office. But I don't know why it still hasn't developed much of a following on DVD, given how ridiculously clever, fun, and quotable it is."Well said, Surprisingly Curvaceous Pirate!"

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 2

Do you all think The Hobbit is underrated? Seems like WOM is better than the RT score. When was the last time that happened? I plan to see it in HFR 3D this weekend.

WOM is better and its not with the fans (like people have been claiming), its with the GA.

Nice list but is Silver Linings Playbook underrated? I mean it hasn't achieved a level of attention on these boards that we refer to it as SLP :) but I'd argue that it is getting the attention it supposedly deserves. I plan to see it next month.

Maybe, I mean going by Oscar bloggers it definitely is, and its gross to date also. But yeah I guess one that was a cheat. ;)

Yeah, I really wouldn't call Silver Linings Playbook underrated. It got very strong reviews, it's going to be up for Best Picture at the Oscars, and it has done really well in relatively limited release and still hasn't gone wide yet. The audiences that have seen it so far generally love it, and other audiences will show up once the Weinsteins respond to the fantastic word-of-mouth it has been getting.

Oh, and while I'm at it: Seven Psychopaths.Sure, it wasn't as clever or affecting as In Bruges. But it was still a lot of fun, and the graveyard shootout Sam Rockwell's character makes up is simultaneously one of the funniest and most badass scenes in any movie this year.

• Like 2