CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

8-10M for Parental Guidance? What the shit?

just saw Nikiis got it at like 5.5m, matinees quite strong, see how it goes maybe to optimistic :) , but from a few weeks ago it was film people initially saw as not doing much but then there was a chance of minds after some screenings.

I'm really interested in seeing how the November holdovers manage. All of them but Lincoln lost over 30% of their locations today, of which Breaking Dawn and Guardians lost almost 1000 theaters.

If Nikki's numbers hold then Lincoln's in for a sizeable increase this weekend, despite loosing so many theatres.
  • Like 1

8-10 is cray for Parental Guidance. Especially because I don't think any theaters gave it more than one screen.

10-12 is fairly underwhelming for Hobbit but it faced 40-45m in new competition, so all's understood.

Les Mis and Django will end the year in a very high note. 200m isn't safe for Les Mis but the fact that we're talking about it is insane.

• Like 2

As I said two weeks back, the whole run of Hobbit will be meh with every daily number.

As I said two weeks back, the whole run of Hobbit will be meh with every daily number.

Monday number was better then meh. Crazy good for PG and awesome for LM and DU.

Django is doing incredible late business at both theaters close by, selling out all shows for the night. Still a few Les Mis seats left, but not too many. Parental Guidance always got great trailer reactions and sold out three showings today, so 8 mill seems like more accurate than Nikki's number.

just saw Nikiis got it at like 5.5m, matinees quite strong, see how it goes maybe to optimistic :) , but from a few weeks ago it was film people initially saw as not doing much but then there was a chance of minds after some screenings.

How are the rest of the holdovers? LOP, ROTG, Skyfall and etc?

I trust Rth completely and totally. Unlike Nikke he actually looks at actual numbers and gives update on them.

Well, in case of Hobbit, Nikki has it doing up to $10m, which is rth's minimum, so they could both be right. It'll probably land right around $10m. Edited by Elessar

Yes. It tells the book story better and clearer than the stage Musical does. Just be prepared for nonstop singing.

One thing I noticed they dropped from the shooting script was the finale number shows huge crowds of people marching in front of the barricade, including Marius and Cosette, and then when the camera pans up we get a title card mirroring the previous ones that says something along the lines of "1848- The King has fled, France is free." I thought it was a great bookend to the "1815" title card that opens the film, even though it ignores the fact that 4-5 years later France was back under a dictatorship.