60 members have voted

1. 1. Review Captain America: The First Avenger

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This over anything in TFA

I agree that scene was better than anything in Captain America. However that scene is 5 minutes. I consider most of the remaining 2 hours and 40 minutes of TDKR to be under anything in Captain America.

Squaremaster hates Captain America because he is from Britain.

:P

Dude, I'm from Britain and Cap is my favourite of the Phase 1 movies (aside from Avengers).

I learned the chords and lyrics to play along the Star Spangled Man With A Plan song all day long anywhere. The last verse always gives me chills. :wub:

"Stalwart, and steady and true. Forceful and ready to defend the Red, White and Blue!"

:ca:

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 5

I agree that scene was better than anything in Captain America. However that scene is 5 minutes. I consider most of the remaining 2 hours and 40 minutes of TDKR to be under anything in Captain America.

Dude, I'm from Britain and Cap is my favourite of the Phase 1 movies (aside from Avengers).

This scene, the Football stadium, the ascent from the pit, the final battle and all the character development in between was far stronger than CA.

If it wasn't for the big, fat nothing that was Iron Man 2, I would call CA my least favorite MS film.

This scene, the Football stadium, the ascent from the pit, the final battle and all the character development in between was far stronger than CA.If it wasn't for the big, fat nothing that was Iron Man 2, I would call CA my least favorite MS film.

Funny, I love both Captain America and Iron Man 2. :)

This over anything in TFA

Oops, forgot the Star Spangled Man with a Plan. That tops that scene easily. 

This scene, the Football stadium, the ascent from the pit, the final battle and all the character development in between was far stronger than CA.

If it wasn't for the big, fat nothing that was Iron Man 2, I would call CA my least favorite MS film.

While I liked the football scene it was only a few minutes long (and still can't beat Star Spangled Man). The ascent from the pit was okay, although immediately offset by Bruce somehow teleporting to Gotham. The final battle was kinda crap. Especially everything involving Talia. Also, the only one to go through any noticeable character development through the movie was Bruce and it really wasn't that impressive.

• Like 1

Star Spangled Man should have won Best Original Song, goddammit. One of the most inspired moments in the whole MCU.

Preach it, brother. I love how it embodies and embraces the feel of WWII american propaganda cheesy tune and yet so catchy, so hummable, you can't help to cheer along the way for Captain America. The way the song builds in, first a female choir, then a male choir and the finale with male and female singing aloud together with counterpoints (reminiscent of 50's girls trio like The Chordettes) that highlight Captain America's powers and virtues, symbolizing how America unites behind his savior to overcome the battle and pump its citizens all across the country as an irresistible force.(Absolutely loved how they staged the origin of the cover of the first Captain America's issue showing Cap punching Adolf in the face). The song really grew on me and now I'm completely fond of it, I put it on my smartphone to listen when I'm out strolling. It really pumps me up.

That's one aspect of the movie I loved and that the song illustrated, how they inserted the Captain America character in real american history and campaign to win the WWII as a symbol to support the troops. It's exactly the same dystopic idea used in Watchmen with Doc Manhattan's character but people would say that Captain America has less substance (or no substance at all) because there's no title card saying "Caution, that's serious pretentious business here, not cheesy kiddie superhero".

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 5

I learned the chords and lyrics to play along the Star Spangled Man With A Plan song all day long anywhere. The last verse always gives me chills. :wub:"Stalwart, and steady and true. Forceful and ready to defend the Red, White and Blue!" :ca:

Haha, I love that song. It's cheesy but perfect. And it paid homage to the old Cap comics too, which is great. That ridiculous costume Steve wore is actually the closest Marvel ever gotten to the original CA costume :lol:http://youtu.be/DxRKwKJI_uI
  • Like 2

Soo many summer 2011 movies didn't live up to their potential if you ask me, Thor, Pirates 4, Kung FU Panda 2, X Men First Class, Super 8, Cars 2, but this film stood out greatly against the others.This film filled it's potential.

Edited by dracula
  • Like 1

I actually agrees with some of the criticisms about the second half or mostly third act of TFA, it was pretty rushed. I would love to see one detailed mission instead of just a montage. The ending made up for the shortcomings though. But poor Steve and Peggy :( even though I knew their relationship is doomed from the start, they're just so right for each other, can't help but root for them.

• Like 1

B+, great first half while second was rushed quite a bit. I loved the never give up attitude of Steve and finally the transformation. Red Skull was severely underused but I've hope that he'll show up sometime in the future whether in Masters of Evil or CA sequel. 

Except for her interest in him when he takes down the flagpole. And when he jumps on the grenade. And the car journey on the experiment where they talk. And her obvious concern when Steve is going through the procedure. 

By that respect, you may as well say that Tommy Lee Jones is falling for him.