CJohn

Monday Numbers | The Hobbit - 6.95M | Django Unchained - 5.2M

A.I. is one of Spielberg's best film and yes WH sucked. People should think out of the box, the final tally isn't everything. For a film like Lincoln to hit 160m is on par with TA and THG as the success story of the year.

Posted Image

Its a film that completely nose dives after a hour. It is visually stunning but such a complete mess narrative wise....plus that fucking AWFUL ENDING

Spielberg says it was, but how do you not end it underwater?

I'm not a huge fan of AI and that felt like a natural ending to me as well. The sequence afterwards feels awkward, like an abnormally long coda that's too short to be another act. It's anything but sweet, though, that's a harsh ending.

The difference between Spielberg and Cameron is that Cameron does action, great female characters and emotion, Spielberg in his old age does sentimentality. AI sucked from the halfway point, really really sucked.

The difference between Spielberg and Cameron is that Cameron does action, great female characters and emotion, Spielberg in his old age does sentimentality. AI sucked from the halfway point, really really sucked.

Yeha, I`ll never understand love for this movie. It nosedived without redemption from halfway all the way to the end.

Also, I don`t care if overly sentimental bullshit ending was Kubrick or Spielberg. It sucked. Worse so if it wasn`t Spielberg because he had a chance to flush the toilet and he didn`t.

Telenachos, did you really like War Horse?

Yep, I loved it. However, as I said last year, it pushed all my buttons: I love horse movies, I love war movies, and I love old-school epics. It's a very old-fashioned sentimental movie and you either go with it or you don't.

HJO disappeared after AI,no? That movie proved he couldn`t do anything but creepy kid schtick.

He had a drug bust not too long ago but he suffered getting adult roles coz his face still remained the same. Kinda like Elijah Wood. They both still look pre-pubescent. Edited by theultimatebiu