Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

SLP wins adapted script, Ang Lee wins director and Lincoln wins picture. Book it!

That'll never happen. If there was a lock this year for anything, to me it's Spielberg for director.

The other 4 noms are not major ones and being a historical drama it more of na opportunity for things like costumes. How do you give a nomination for something like costume when all you have to do on SLP is dress normally?SLP is the frontrunner with a nomination in every major category.

Seriously baumer, you're overreaching. Lincoln having the most nominations is an incredibly important statistic as my previous post pointed out.The only reason Lincoln doesn't have a nom in every major category was because it didn't have a lead actress. If Sally Field's role was beefed up a bit and the African-American housekeeper in the film had a beefier role and was campaigned, it would have such a sweep too. But they didn't do that because that's not the film Spielberg wanted to tell.
  • Like 1

I am very excited by these noms. I think they are pretty good.I am excited for SLP. It was my favorite film of 2012. However, Lincoln is still the frontrunner because of all the traction it already has going for it. But, wow at SLP getting nominated in EVERY major category. I would say it stands a strong chance at an upset.So, here is how I see it:Lincoln 54% chance of winningSLP 45% chance of winningEverything else 1%LoP has no traction other than a bunch of technical nominations. We get a film like this every year from Avatar to Benjamin Button to Hugo last year. Also, the three examples I provided all had more going for them than LoP, so it is now a two-horse race between Lincoln and SLP! Awesome!

• Like 1

Seriously baumer, you're overreaching. Lincoln having the most nominations is an incredibly important statistic as my previous post pointed out.The only reason Lincoln doesn't have a nom in every major category was because it didn't have a lead actress. If Sally Field's role was beefed up a bit and the African-American housekeeper in the film had a beefier role and was campaigned, it would have such a sweep too. But they didn't do that because that's not the film Spielberg wanted to tell.

And seriously numbers, you are missing my point. I'm far from reaching. SLP has been touted as an oscar frontrunner every since it came out in limited release. It has won awards and accolades a plenty. I'm not saying this isn't a two horse race, because I believe it is, but when you are nominated in every major freakin category, then you have the attention of a lot of people. SLP imo will win it this year and I think it will big. Actor, actress, adapted and picture. Spielberg is locked for director imo.
  • Like 1