Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

I loved SLP, it's in my top 10 of 2012, but Lincoln and Spielberg is just a tough cookie to beat. It's nearly locked to win BD and two acting cats. Strong contender for screenplay and Willimas is tempting choice for score as well. The only film that I though can challenge Lincoln was Argo. Now it's SLP with a very slim chance. Even if SLP wins BP, Lincoln will still walk away with the most wins.

Edited by Alfred Unchained

BP race is over. Lincoln is going to win that handily. SLP is a wonderful story and I realize a lot of people are rooting for it, but the chances of it pulling off this upset are slim to none.Shocked at the Affleck snub...that's a complete travesty. Same for Bigelow, but I'm over it. Thought the film was overrated. Really glad that Hooper didn't get in.

Edited by nAlkaline

So happy THL backlash finally kicked in. AMPAS sobbered up to what an overrated drivel that movie was and snubbed Bigelow who is actually a decent director so snub should have been for Lipstick whose script undeservedly won over Tarantino. Too bad the fucker is in and will likely win.Leo snub hurts his fans more than him. he`s a definite winner all things considered - opened an R rated movie to bone fide blockbuster status, got raves, geeks are screaming bloody murder over his snub. The writing was on the wall that he won`t happen so no shock here (unlike Affleck and Bigelow and Hawkes and Cotillard to an extent). Also, I appreciate that he never pulls a rank in that his characters must get the ebst scenes or that he must be campaigned over his co-stars. Class act.

Yeah fish, I have to admit I have an evil grin on my face over the Bigelow snub. Even if she deserved to win for this one (I haven't seen it yet), THL was ridiculously overrated and she got more awards than she ever deserved there, so I don't feel at all bad for her now.And yes the Leo snub sucks. :( Edited by HobbitMan89

I really hope that Lincoln beats Silver Linings Playbook. It's a good movie with two great leads, but the love it's been getting is kind of surprising to me. Yeah, Lincoln is baity, but it also has a brilliant script, an amazing ensemble, and impressive film making merit. I didn't feel that nearly as much with Silver Linings Playbook.Moonrise Kingdom gets snubbed for Best Picture. :(Cloud Atlas doesn't even get a tech nod. :sadno:Really happy that Waltz, Wallis, and the Master trio all getting nominated.I called Amour for Actress and Screenplay, but dayum, I had no idea that BP and BD would happen. Good for Haneke.