Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

WAAAY too early to really say this, but I'm not feeling August beyond a couple of acting nods. I think it's the John Wells Factor.

I'm in the exact opposite boat. It seems there's everything going for it and it has Weinstein.

Nope not happening

Hollywood Politics guarantees a nod, the win isn't hard from there. You have to realise exactly who Wells is and what he's done, and how much support there is in the industry for him, and the fact that DGA voted the way it does also really helps.

I hope Nebraska is an actual good movie worthy of praise, instead of an obligatory Payne circle jerk. He's good, but it just seems he tries too hard. Extremely overrated, IMO.

I'm in the exact opposite boat  :lol:

I thought Sideways should have won Picture.

:lol: I finally watched all of sideways last month and enjoyed it, but didn't think it should've won anything besides screenplay. There are elements in Payne's films that just don't sit right with me. That discussion's for another time, though.And dat August cast! Give them ALL the Oscars!

Hollywood Politics guarantees a nod, the win isn't hard from there. You have to realise exactly who Wells is and what he's done, and how much support there is in the industry for him, and the fact that DGA voted the way it does also really helps.

That all sounds nice and good and all, but perhaps you can actually explain that instead of assuming it.

Your predictions weren't all that for last year, so you should lay off the guarantees.

• Like 2