Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

I disagree. There's too much talent in this year for it to suck in quality. Malick, God Scorsese, Cuaron, Coens, Goddess Meryl, Bullock, Spencer, Queen JLaw, Chastain, Senor Blanchitto, King and Greek God Leo, and etc. 

Goddess Nanny and Goddess Botox, Fassy x 2, Cumberbatch x 3 (that actually has a shot at a nomination out of 50), maybe Knightmare surprises in Jack Ryan, Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore, is that DOR movie coming out this year too? 

Goddess Nanny and Goddess Botox, Fassy x 2, Cumberbatch x 3 (that actually has a shot at a nomination out of 50), maybe Knightmare surprises in Jack Ryan, Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore, is that DOR movie coming out this year too? 

Oh god no. Not Knightmare. I won't watch the Oscars if she's nominated. And the DOR probably isn't. He shoots and edit fast but not fast enough, considering shooting hasn't even begun and probably won't even end until May or June at the earliest. 

I hope SaBu pans out in Gravity, the whole thing actually. Love saBu, love Cuaron, love sci fi. Go Gravity.

I think SaBu can get a nomination, but I don't think that the movie will get the reviews needed to pan out at the AMPAS judging by test screening reactions. 

I`m joking about Knightmare. If she couldn`t get more than a Satellite and Saturn for baity shit like schizo Russian and AK her chances for playing Pine`s girlfriend in distress are none.

Knightmare's not a joking matter. :P She's a very real and legitimate threat to the safety and wellbeing of all 7 billion inhabitants of the world. ;)

I think SaBu can get a nomination, but I don't think that the movie will get the reviews needed to pan out at the AMPAS judging by test screening reactions. 

I don`t trust tweeter and test screening reactions. Most of them are plants, anti-plants and jaded fanboys. Besides, they had time to polish the movie by now if anything was wrong with it last year.

Knightmare's not a joking matter. :P She's a very real and legitimate threat to the safety and wellbeing of all 7 billion inhabitants of the world. ;)

That`s fuckin true.

Posted Image

Surrpessed laughter on those Chinese extras faces is priceless.

I don`t trust tweeter and test screening reactions. Most of them are plants, anti-plants and jaded fanboys. Besides, they had time to polish the movie by now if anything was wrong with it last year.

I know, but the entire thing doesn't bode well. It's been delayed, test screening reactions haven't been mindblowing (I know someone who went, and they said that the reaction was very good but not super good), and it's sci-fi. For a sci-fi film to get traction with the Acaademy it either needs to gross 120314385923842739482374293847234 dollars or it needs to get Best of all Time reviews. 

But Bullock should at least pull of a nom I think at this point. 

August winning BP is almost like a throwback to the 70s and 80s Academy. Back when good pictures actually won every year ;) 

And I'm fairly sure it can. The play is a stroke of genuis, and letts is adapting it himself. It should be very well done. I can't wait until Streep delivers the line, "Y'see these babies? They're my best friends and they never let me down. You try to take them away from me, and I'll eat you alive." (I think that when Meryl gets up on stage to accept her Oscar #4 she should say this line :P)

Your already making me root against this movie :)

As I've said, it's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season :P But, I have a gut feeling that it's gonna be a good one. 

And, I was gonna bring out my lovely "United States of Merylica" signature, but I decided to wait until the festivals ;)

Sandra Bullock isn't getting nominated this year. This is one thing I am sure of. Secondly, I think this is going to be a weaker year in terms of entertaining nominees.Most of the movies on the list appear to be very Oscar-baity. Look at Weinsteins' lineup with movies about Mandela and Grace Kelly.

As I've said, it's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season :P But, I have a gut feeling that it's gonna be a good one. And, I was gonna bring out my lovely "United States of Merylica" signature, but I decided to wait until the festivals ;)

As I've stated I just want a Carell nom if I get that I won't complain about anything

Sandra Bullock isn't getting nominated this year. This is one thing I am sure of. Secondly, I think this is going to be a weaker year in terms of entertaining nominees.Most of the movies on the list appear to be very Oscar-baity. Look at Weinsteins' lineup with movies about Mandela and Grace Kelly.

It seems like everyone and their mother decided this year would be their comeback year.