Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

As I've stated I just want a Carell nom if I get that I won't complain about anything

I think it could happen. Foxcatcher could catch on big. My big win of the season is Meryl picked up #4. Anything else could happen (even God forbid a Knightmare win in supporting) and I'd be elated. 

• Like 1

Dench in Philomena (Script is fairly well done, and the role is baity as hell. Nun looking for her lost son)Streep and the rest of the cast in August: Osage County (Self explanatory. Anything Streep does is pure Oscar gold, and this role is uber-ultra baity. A once in a lifetime thing.)JLaw in Serena and Abscam ( Don't think Abscam will be 2013 though. They haven't even shot yet. Serena on the other hand could be a huge mess. None of the production crew make me feel comfortable in saying that it'll even be decent)Kidman in GraceNanny in DianaEveryone in Twelve Years a SlaveBullock in GravityCotillard in LowlifeEntirety of FruitvaleLeo and Dujardin in Wolf on Wall StreetAnd the list goes on, but I can't be bothered to list them all.

Just based on the script I can tell you Dujardin in Wall Street isn't really a baity role. And I don't know why you think Abscam can't come out this year. It starts shooting somewhere in the first half of this month, right? I don't see whythey couldn't bring it out for December. Loads of movies every year have that kind of production schedule.

Oh god no. Not Knightmare. I won't watch the Oscars if she's nominated. And the DOR probably isn't. He shoots and edit fast but not fast enough, considering shooting hasn't even begun and probably won't even end until May or June at the earliest. 

Jlaw schedule is berserk.

She has 2 weeks of Catching Fire as we speak.

Then the DOR movie ( where she is not lead) then X Men.

So I think the DOR movie can make it this year, maybe.

Edited by The Futurist

Some of the ones I'm hoping for:

Best Actor

Leo DiCaprio - Wolf of Wall Street

Idris Elba - Mandela

Michael Fassbender - The Counselor

Christoph Waltz - Zero Theorem

Best Actress

Naomi Watts - Diana

Marion Cotillard - Lowlife

Best Supporting Actor

Mark Ruffalo - Foxcatcher

Joaquin Phoenix - Lowlife

Javier Bardem - The Counselor

Philip Seymour Hoffman - A Most Wanted Man

Best Supporting Actress

Amy Adams - Untitled David O Russell project

Those who read The Councelor script say everyone`s baitier than Fassy but he is very baity in 12 Years Slave.

Guys who think we are in for a boring year should remember that there`s always something out of the left field that nobody has heard of at the beginning of each year. Just wait for TIFF because that`s where such shit get exposure.

Is Meryl`s role really so undeniable? Sounds like a classic scenery chewing a la Margo Channing, based on that "my babies" line.

Well I'm pretty damn sure Meryl will get her 146th nomination, but I wouldn't predict an Oscar win so far in advance even if it was the greatest part in the history of the world. Or maybe I would, if Streep, you know, didn't just win her third Oscar a year ago. She may be brilliant as usual, but nothing is locked in terms of actual awards, and personally, I wish Ric would hold his horses just a bit, otherwise it's possible that this place will be more depressing than a cemetary a year from now.

• Like 2

I think that Waltz`s win for yet another QT movie after a recent win shows that anything can happen including Meryl`s 4th. This year had a BP winner w/o director which happened only one more time in history, DDL won his third so if Hanks could win 2 back to back why couldn`t Meryl win again for A:OC. Apparently the role is beyond baity.

Well I'm pretty damn sure Meryl will get her 146th nomination, but I wouldn't predict an Oscar win so far in advance even if it was the greatest part in the history of the world. Or maybe I would, if Streep, you know, didn't just win her third Oscar a year ago. She may be brilliant as usual, but nothing is locked in terms of actual awards, and personally, I wish Ric would hold his horses just a bit, otherwise it's possible that this place will be more depressing than a cemetary a year from now.

The rest of us in 1 year:

Posted Image

• Like 1

I think that Waltz`s win for yet another QT movie after a recent win shows that anything can happen including Meryl`s 4th. This year had a BP winner w/o director which happened only one more time in history, DDL won his third so if Hanks could win 2 back to back why couldn`t Meryl win again for A:OC. Apparently the role is beyond baity.

Anything can happen, I agree. And history has given us a great precedent here, in which Katharine Hepburn won her second and third Oscars two years in a row, 30+ years after her first one, and 13 years before her fourth one. But just because anything can happen doesn't mean that it will. 

I just ventured into the desolate wasteland of ADF, and OMFG are they out of  control. It's been like a day since they put the new actress thread up and it's already at 11 pages, and they've managed to come up with a new nickname for Hepburn, bash Diana by making fun of her bulimia, post a string of gifs of god knows what, and draw lines in the sand. 

August winning BP is almost like a throwback to the 70s and 80s Academy. Back when good pictures actually won every year ;)

And I'm fairly sure it can. The play is a stroke of genuis, and letts is adapting it himself. It should be very well done. I can't wait until Streep delivers the line, "Y'see these babies? They're my best friends and they never let me down. You try to take them away from me, and I'll eat you alive." (I think that when Meryl gets up on stage to accept her Oscar #4 she should say this line :P)

August could be terrible.

I just ventured into the desolate wasteland of ADF, and OMFG are they out of  control. It's been like a day since they put the new actress thread up and it's already at 11 pages, and they've managed to come up with a new nickname for Hepburn, bash Diana by making fun of her bulimia, post a string of gifs of god knows what, and draw lines in the sand. 

Audrey or Katherine?

Herpburn. 

Stupid nickname. Supposed to have to do with herpies, people going "herp derp," or just adding a random letter for no reason? ADF people are losing their nickname quality.

Edited by 4815162342