Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

Holding it until after the Olympics is the right move.

As for Timberlake, he's as close to Telfon as you can be. He probably wouldn't take too much of a beating from critics. More importantly for the Academy and ABC, he would be good for ratings.

I hope they go with Timberlake. I mena, it really doesn`t matter because oscars are interminable. OTOH, Golden Globes totally rocked this year but then that`s a show where more celebs are going to get drunk because dirnks are served during the show.

Has it even started shooting yet?

If it hasn't yet it'll start like tomorrow or sometime very soon. It wraps beginning of May, or so I know. Still probably gonna be 2014, though some people elsewhere are convinced otherwise.

OK, lets be honest here, it` s getting attention only becuase of Streep. I don`t think that it`ll overshadow August Osage Country in any way and it also sounds like a really hard sell. I can`t imagine anyone but the staunchiest arthousies to watch this and not in packed theater.

I think it could get some attention. Streep in supporting, potentially even this year to bolster her chances of a win. Other acting could happen, and if it gets raves Picture isn't out of the question. The premise is very interesting, and it could very easily do well if Jones directs it well.

I think it could get some attention. Streep in supporting, potentially even this year to bolster her chances of a win. Other acting could happen, and if it gets raves Picture isn't out of the question. The premise is very interesting, and it could very easily do well if Jones directs it well.

Ric, please don`t say that. You know who must not come back. Must. Not. After a decade of nothing this can`t be happening.

The premise isn`t interesting at all and Affleck is already the actor-director of the moment. The Homesman isn`t going to happen. It just isn`t.

Can you get the script? I just need to know how big and baity certian role is. I hope it`s a footnote and no more.

Edited by fishnets

Ric, please don`t say that. You know who must not come back. Must. Not. After a decade of nothing this can`t be happening.

:rofl: 'Tis the truth. :P and it wasn't a decade of nothing, she almost got in with Conviction.