ChD

Weekend Estimates (ZDT $26M, GS $16.7M, AHH $17.5M)

GS had ZERO likable characters in the trailer. You have Penn as the bad guy and Gosling and Brolin as bad cops. Who to root for? Now if they cast likable actors as bad cops, maybe. But these two? Bomb. Plus the movie didn`t seem to have any plot but relentless shoot`em`up.

• Like 2

GS had ZERO likable characters in the trailer. You have Penn as the bad guy and Gosling and Brolin as bad cops. Who to root for? Now if they cast likable actors as bad cops, maybe. But these two? Bomb. Plus the movie didn`t seem to have any plot but relentless shoot`em`up.

Oh There was a plot. The problem was that the plot was by the books and predictable. I didn't care about a single turn of events because I could see everything coming from ten miles. Easily one of the worst screenplays I've seen in a while.

Talk about uber-fanboy spin. Seriously, you were such a good poster before you found God in TH.TH has shit PTA while playing in too many theaters. So it`s only natural that they`ll kick it out of some theaters. GS is WB movie so TH had to make room for that too. Finally, it is not a contender so it cannot expect boost in interest and BO bump.

I meant it jokingly. I liked the Hobbit at first but the more I thought about and let the reaction sink in the more I disliked the movie. Now it is simply an OK movie.

Just noticed Pitch Perfect is #1 on iTunes.

Very interesting. Mistake me if I'm wrong but I believe this is one of those films that had one of the "new" release models here it was available on VOD nearly simultaneously with theatrical release. That and the bridesmaid movie with Dunst. Would love to see financials there.