riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

TEAM BOMBUR WINS! Yes, Nikki confirms that in order to slay Team Bombur, Spielberg arranged for Clinton to present Lincoln. Pathetic! It just shows that Team Bombur`s stronger than ever.Moreover, some Wells commenters think that one-two punch of Spielberg`s biggest competition getting the shaft is fishy as fuck. Now, I don`t think he could have bribed that many people to oust Ben&Big but I`ve no problem with conspiracy spreading like flame and tainting his laughably desperate campaign.

TEAM BOMBUR WINS! Yes, Nikki confirms that in order to slay Team Bombur, Spielberg arranged for Clinton to present Lincoln. Pathetic! It just shows that Team Bombur`s stronger than ever.Moreover, some Wells commenters think that one-two punch of Spielberg`s biggest competition getting the shaft is fishy as fuck. Now, I don`t think he could have bribed that many people to oust Ben&Big but I`ve no problem with conspiracy spreading like flame and tainting his laughably desperate campaign.

The Globes have no weight with the oscars though....none.

No. DDL is the only mortal lock in any category besides Amour for Foreign Film. I could see Sally Field beating Hathaway before I see DDL losing.

You're wrong. He is not locked. You can't lock anything. Unless you have a crystal ball.

You're wrong. He is not locked. You can't lock anything. Unless you have a crystal ball.

You're right. Jackman is a DISTANT second from DDL. Even he would win over Cooper. I'll give you Lawrence though (but Riva could still take it).

I didn't say Lawrence would win. I said Riva would. And no one is locked in the actor category. Just because you don't like a film doesn't mean the performance won't be recognized for it....unless you are basing it off of the Globes, that would be funny.

You think I'll not predict a movie because I don't like it? I didn't like The Artist OR The King's Speech so the last few years were tough! I just think Cooper has maybe a 2% chance. Pigs could fly, I suppose, but they ain't gonna. If Lincoln wins one thing it's going to be DDL.

You think I'll not predict a movie because I don't like it? I didn't like The Artist OR The King's Speech so the last few years were tough! I just think Cooper has maybe a 2% chance. Pigs could fly, I suppose, but they ain't gonna. If Lincoln wins one thing it's going to be DDL.

Screenplay. Even if DDL loses it'll still win screenplay.

This year is weird because there is not 1 or 2 exceptional films in competition, but more like 6 or 7 in categories with 5 slots hence the Bigelow and Affleck snubs.It is the high quality of the movies that is fucking up the usual predictabilty of award season.Except for DDL, Anne and Amour in Foreign language, the battle is still open for all other categories.

Edited by The Futurist

ADF say that AMPAS are older voters than Guild members and therefore more inclined to bow to Spielberg and Lincoln. So I guess those 2 will win but at least the wins won`t be undenibale and without real comeptition such as Ben&Big it`s a default win. Lame. I wouldn`t wish that kind of win on my faves,ever.