BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

30 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

Bohemian Rhapsody is a true behemoth. There aren't new releases in Top 10 like yesterday

Beyond BR is a monster, I guess that children are not precisely thinking in movies on January 5th... MPR, Spidey and Ralph are the movies for them and those are precisely the movies that BR has outgrossed. Today we should see a bump of those 3.

Edited by peludo

15 hours ago, Omni said:

My god at those "holds". It totally acted as a non-holiday weekend.

Yes. I thought that this last weekend, being holidays would be big, but when I said that I did not remember that January 5th (last Saturday) is celebrated the "Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos" (Ride of the Wise Men or Biblical Magi, as I read in wikipedia they are named in English). EVERY children go with their parents to that ride, celebrated in every town of the country, to see those "magic men" who bring presents to them during the night of January 6th (Santa Claus is celebrated at Christmas, but it is not so important as this event. Not even close).

If we had data about each day we would probably see a dramatic drop in gross during Saturday. I guess this is the reason of these drops.

• Thanks 3

January 4th-6th:

fW4dorY.jpg

Not very good drops because what we said some days ago: January 5th is not a good day for BO in Spain. Children are thinking in presents, not in movies. Among the top 10, the biggest drops come from family films. Poppins, Ralph, Spider-man and Grinch (next to Bumblebee) are the films which drop over 50% in top 10. The others have had better drops.

With these numbers films seem headed to:

Aquaman: 12 million euros

Mary Poppins: 8-8.5 million

Ralph: 11.5-12 million

Spider-man: 4.5 million

Superlópez: 12-12.5 million

Bohemian Rhapsody should clear €25m. But of course, it can go higher. It is winning 2018, over Jurassic World 2. It means that this is the first time that a Bayona's film do not win the year in Spain.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Presales for tomorrow at my cinema. A lot of the shows are with 0 tickets so I'll post the ones with at least 1 ticket sold.

Sink & Swim:

19:10 2D: 6/104

Asterix: The Secret Of The Magic Potion

18:00 2D: 8/212

20:15 2D: 16/90 (Great presales)

TOTAL: 24/302

VICE:

19:00 2D: 2/330

21:45 VOSE 2D: 6/330

TOTAL: 8/660

• Like 2

On 1/11/2019 at 12:49 AM, ScareLol said:

Presales for tomorrow at my cinema. A lot of the shows are with 0 tickets so I'll post the ones with at least 1 ticket sold.

Sink & Swim:

19:10 2D: 6/104

Asterix: The Secret Of The Magic Potion

18:00 2D: 8/212

20:15 2D: 16/90 (Great presales)

TOTAL: 24/302

VICE:

19:00 2D: 2/330

21:45 VOSE 2D: 6/330

TOTAL: 8/660

At my Cinema

Aquaman

19: 15- 120 tickets 

22: 15- 150 tickets

270 tickets

Last Saturday sold around 170-180 tickets. 

Cabalgata effect! 

I watched VICE at 7PM and the theater was completely sold out. Cinesa (Largest Theater Chain in Spain) has released a 5.50€ / ticket promo and it's working. VICE, Asterix, Sink and Swim, Bohemian and Mary Poppins were practically sold out all evening. AQM on the other hand is not available with the 5.50 promo so it was half empty. The promo works until 31st January

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bohemian Rhapsody should get into top 15 all time. Who knows if it will be able to reach top 10. Right now it is at about €24.3m-€24.4m.

9. The Two Towers: €29.80m

10. Pirates of the Caribbean 2: €28.27m

11. Shrek 2: €28.21m

12. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: €27.69m

13. The Others: €27.25m

14. The Da Vinci Code: €26.78m

15. The Sixth Sense: €26.56m

16. A Monster Calls: €26.15m

17. The Orphanage: €25.06m

• Like 5