Weekend 27-29th July:

HdmR22k.jpg

Mission Impossible in Spain:

MI 1: €9,997,005 - 3,141,962 adm

MI 2: €13,246,773 - 3,372,446

MI 3: €7,058,955 - 1,324,539

MI 4: €7,156,075 - 1,111,606

MI 5: €6,133,601 - 1,007,896

With this opening, MI 6 will fight for not being the worst of the series.

Jurassic World already ranks #29 in the all time unadjusted list. It is having very good drops. I think it could still reach €24m (first part did €22m) and rank #22, between Minions and Finding Nemo. Excellent run.

Campeones ranks #11 after 17 weekends, the same than Avatar. Ocho apellidos vascos ranked #16.

Incredibles 2 is being released today. HT3 will be hurt, but it can outgross what its predecessors did (maybe over €12m).

Edited by peludo
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, peludo said:

Weekend 27-29th July:

HdmR22k.jpg

Mission Impossible in Spain:

MI 1: €9,997,005 - 3,141,962 adm

MI 2: €13,246,773 - 3,372,446

MI 3: €7,058,955 - 1,324,539

MI 4: €7,156,075 - 1,111,606

MI 5: €6,133,601 - 1,007,896

With this opening, MI 6 will fight for not being the worst of the series.

Jurassic World already ranks #29 in the all time unadjusted list. It is having very good drops. I think it could still reach €24m (first part did €22m) and rank #22, between Minions and Finding Nemo. Excellent run.

Campeones ranks #11 after 17 weekends, the same than Avatar. Ocho apellidos vascos ranked #16.

Incredibles 2 is being released today. HT3 will be hurt, but it can outgross what its predecessors did (maybe over €12m).

Spain is one of the few territories where MI series continously declined in terms of admissions! Wonder whats the reason inspite of rejuvenation afterMI4!

17 hours ago, John Rambo said:

Spain is one of the few territories where MI series continously declined in terms of admissions! Wonder whats the reason inspite of rejuvenation afterMI4!

I do not have any concrete reason. Maybe people have become tired of this franchise. I personally like the franchise, although I did not like too much the last film. I remember it a bit boring (maybe in a second viewing I change my opinion). I enjoyed a lot 1, 3 and 4, and I will see this one.

• Sad 1

Weekend 10-12th August:

S69wDwn.jpg

Very good opening for The Meg. It should manage 1 million admissions. For a film like this, we could have expected half of that.

Incredibles drop is just meh even taking into account the big opening, but as an animated film it should start to drop better.

JW2 is reaching €24m. It is having incredible late legs for a blockbuster of this size.

Campeones has been preselected (3 candidates) to compete for the Foreign language Oscar of the next year. It can have a second run during awards season. It could cross €20m barrier.

• Like 4

After some weeks of holidays living offline, I recover the weekly charts:

September 7th-9th:

IpF9e7R.jpg

Impressive OW for The Nun. on par to "It". I do not know if it can go as high as "It", but it should reach at least €8m.

Incredibles 2 is very close to match what the first part did unadjusted (€19.5m) and going towards €21m. But it will not reach the total admissions (3,984,470 adm).

The Meg reaching €10m is quite remarkable. I never thought it would go so high.

Hotel Transylvania 3 has outgrossed both previous parts in gross (€11.6m and €11.0m) and in admissions (1.7m and 2.0m)

Jurassic World has outgrossed Finding Nemo and already ranks #22 all time unadjusted. Next station is Minions (€24.4m). Hard to reach.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 8

September 14th-16th:

XsYPzMg.jpg

The Nun repeats on top with a good hold under 50% and after a meh opening of Predator. Nun could try €10m, what would be a very good result ("It" did €11.3m last year).

There are 4 local films among top 10, something unusual.

Campeones increases again after being selected as the Spanish contender of Foreign language Oscar. It was released in April 6th and it still ranks #17. In the same weekend (24th), Avatar ranked #27. There are not available data, but maybe Titanic was the last film ranking so high after nearly 6 months.

• Like 6

September 21th-23rd:

U4SFWNf.jpg

Mediocre numbers. Probably, people are waiting for more attractive films. And maybe because Fiesta del Cine will be celebrated next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (€2.90 tickets).

Soft opening for Johnny English. It will clear €3m, but I do not know if it will reach €4m.

Previous films:

Johnny English (2003): €5,939,255 (1,280,954 adm)

Johnny English 2 (2011): €5,087,631 (796,740 adm)

The Nun is having very good drops. I think it can challenge "It" (€11.3m).

Incredibles 2 has already outgrossed the first part unadjusted.

Campeones still on top 20 after 25 weeks...

Edited by peludo
  • Like 3

Fiesta del Cine:

Tuesday: 432,770 admissions

That means a -12% relative to Tuesday of October'17 edition (495,580 adm)

For the moment (2 days):
Fiesta del Cine - October 2017: 876,816 admissions
Fiesta del Cine - October 2018: 769,066 admissions (-12.3%)

• Like 4

September 28th-30th

98UAMJg.jpg

I will not comment the results. They are so sad... not even 1 film over €1m and just 1 over 100k admissions. Very poor weekend, probably because "Fiesta del Cine" was coming next 3 days.

But even Fiesta del Cine has not been very good:

Wednesday: 570,161 admissions

Total 3-day: 1,339,946 admissions (-18% relative to October 2017)

Films have not been too attractive to take many people to theaters as happened in other editions. And there have been Champions League matches on Tuesday and Wednesday.

• Like 4

October 5th-7th:

SlsTPjI.jpg

Venom rescues a dead BO. Very good opening. Just a bit behind both Deadpool:

Deadpool OW: €3,514,862 (516,698 admissions)

Deadpool 2 OW: €3,289,495 (492,630 adm)

First Deadpool did €10.2m and Deadpool 2 €9.4m. We will see a similar result for Venom.

Soft start for "A star is born". With some good legs thanks to good critics and awards season, it should still reach €4m.

Campeones leaves top 25 after 26 weeks. Will it return? who knows...

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Omni said:

Incredibles 2 still in the top 10 after more than 2 months.

I wish legs like that would be possible in Italy...

It is not unusual to see something like that. Beyond Incredibles, this year we have other 5 films in top 10 after 10 weeks:

* Perfectos desconocidos (local remake of "Perfetti sconosciuti") ranked #8 after 10 weeks and abandoned the top 10 after 12 weeks being on it.

* Peter Rabbit ranked #10 after 10 weeks.

* Campeones ranked #3 after 10 weeks and abandoned top 10 in week 15.

* Jurassic World 2 ranked #9 after 10 weeks.

* El mejor verano de mi vida (local film) ranked #10 after 10 weeks.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

October 12th-14th

YNa9NCk.jpg

Friday was national holiday, so drops have been softer than usual. There are even some increases.

Venom is making what some other big SH films do, like Civil War, BvS or Deadpool (around €10-11 million). The only recent films of the genre which are bigger are Avengers films. Very good result.

"First Man" starts soft (in the same way than "A star is born"), but I think it will have a good run with good drops.

"Cold War" increases a 21% relative to OW. It has had incredible reviews. Some critics say it is the best film of the year. It should have a long run, although I do not dare to give a final prediction.

Incredibles 2 ranks already #2 of the year, just behind Jurassic World 2. But it will not reach top spot. Anyway, excellent result. Pixar always rules here.

And Campeones is back again to top25 after 28 weeks...

Edited by peludo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

October 19th-21st

kzNAMnM.jpg

Boring as hell weekend. Among the 8 films that enters on the list are not able to reach even the #4 spot. Just to say that both "A star is born" and "Cold War" seem to have a good potential since we come from an inflated weekend and still both have had just a 30% drop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

New films like Bohemian Rhapsody were released on Wednesday since Thursday was national holiday. If these data are from Friday-Sunday period, it would mean that Bohemian Rhapsody OW is at the same level than SH genre (Venom opened to €3.1m).

• Like 1