baumer

ERC Monday Numbers

So Skyfall won't top TDKR WW. Batman is still the highest grossing 2D release. (If we don't count Titanic due to its 3D re-release)

Skyfall is locked to beat TDKR.Minimum is 304 DOM + 742 OS (current) + 55 China = 1101
  • Like 2

So Skyfall won't top TDKR WW. Batman is still the highest grossing 2D release. (If we don't count Titanic due to its 3D re-release)

What about Titanic in its orig run?, its miles ahead of Batman, people can't just start ignoring Titanic in these kind of discussions because of a 3D re-release 15 years later.
  • Like 3

Jus remember China loved Battleship, Transformers 2 & 3, 2012, John Carter, and Journey 2. So they aren't really a place of quality with the exception of Life of Pi and Avengers.

Says you. Obviously people like different movies. Every movie on this list I rate as a 8.5 or higher. So quality is subjective.

while I loved Skyfall I will easily admit MI4 had much bigger and better action set pieces.

While definitely bigger, I think the 'better' part is subjective. I did enjoy MI4 more on all levels and think it is the better film, but I also thought the Skyfall finale was beautifully shot and uniqeuly intimate.

While definitely bigger, I think the 'better' part is subjective. I did enjoy MI4 more on all levels and think it is the better film, but I also thought the Skyfall finale was beautifully shot and uniqeuly intimate.

I thought Skyfalls finale sounded small, boring, cheap and pretty bad 'on paper' but its actually shot brilliantly and its so atmospheric that i actually think its one of the best endings in any Bond movie and thats saying alot when you think about just how big and impressive a lot of Bond films have ended.
  • Like 1

I thought Skyfalls finale sounded small, boring, cheap and pretty bad 'on paper' but its actually shot brilliantly and its so atmospheric that i actually think its one of the best endings in any Bond movie and thats saying alot when you think about just how big and impressive a lot of Bond films have ended.

Well said.

Skyfall was so low key. They wasted a Bond movie.

I kind of get what you mean and the film doesn't really feel like a Bond film in the sense of its mostly set in gloomy Britain with none of the glamarous locations and none of the big 'over the top' set pieces (well apart from the opening) but as an action thriller i think its a great film.

1 Silver Linings Playbook $1,987,543 -34% 2,523 1713 $788 $56,699,649 10 Weinstein Company
2 Django Unchained $1,460,313 -31% 2,516 -496 $580 $139,334,848 4 Weinstein Company
3 A Haunted House $1,302,007 -42% 2,160 0 $603 $31,085,207 2 Open Road
4 Jack Reacher $447,958 -23% 1,707 -1000 $262 $76,863,238 5 Paramount

China seems to like 3D so Hobbit might benefit from that

Oh hell no! I can`t believe that China is going to turn tide in TH favor when Skyfall deserves to make more. Fuck 3D helping less successful movies appear more successful. Fuck 3D ever since it pushed Titanic to #2 although Titanic is really #1 forever and ever heart goes on. Edited by fishnets