riczhang

19th SAG Awards (Winners in 1st Post) Skyfall wins Stunt Ensemble

And so SLP dies. DeNiro is dead. Lawrence is still alive. Lincoln is on the verge of dying. It needs either DGA or BAFTA to have a shot at winning. No film has won without a single guild win before, and WGA doesn't count. Only exception was Braveheart.

Edited by riczhang

And so SLP dies. DeNiro is dead. Lawrence is still alive. Lincoln is on the verge of dying. It needs either DGA or BAFTA to have a shot at winning. No film has won without a single guild win before, and WGA doesn't count.

Look above-Braveheart didn't win a single guild.

• Like 1

Mini Lincoln sweep is possible but considering that industry obviously wanted others to win, it`ll be one of those bad wins that leave bad taste. I mean, they obivously are bent on winning at all cost (Clinton, Mother Theresa, 2 Times covers) but, IMO, win when goodwill is with someone else backfires in the long run. So whatever. Argo and Affleck are definitely moral winners.

Only one film in recent Oscar history has won BO without BD nod and that is Driving Miss Daisy in 1989. Before that two films won in 1932 and then 1927 for Wings for the first ever Oscards.

Exactly, also-since Chariots of Fire only Crash has won BP without winning any acting or directing Oscars.

Lincoln has more going for it then Argo. Heck PI does even.

• Like 1

Look above-Braveheart didn't win a single guild.

:lol: I just realised that. Edited it in. Braveheart was a very strange win in the midst of a very strange season. Though, the same could be said for this season as well. 

Lincoln is still far from dead at the Oscars. Like I said, the Oscars are obviously doing their own thing this year, and Lincoln is still the most Oscar-esque movie nominated this year. In fact I can see how Lincoln could be an Oscar only type of a movie, which is why the other award shows aren't going for it.

Lincoln is still in the driving seat. Argo will a frontrunner to get the most #1 picks, but at the Oscars that doesn't mean victory. Plus how can it win with a single editing award next to it. Affleck can't win, Arkin won't win, screenplay is a big if, but it will be hard to see them not giving it to Kushner. 

Exactly, also-since Chariots of Fire only Crash has won BP without winning any acting or directing Oscars.

Lincoln has more going for it then Argo. Heck PI does even.

I think at this point whether or not Lincoln wins picture is uncertain, but I think that Argo is in serious contention now for that Screenplay win as a consolation prize. (Though, if Academy members group think and kinda team up to push Argo to victory then they'll probably give Lincoln the screenplay prize as a consolation prize)

Lincoln is still in the driving seat. Argo will a frontrunner to get the most #1 picks, but at the Oscars that doesn't mean victory. Plus how can it win with a single editing award next to it. Affleck can't win, Arkin won't win, screenplay is a big if, but it will be hard to see them not giving it to Kushner. 

But, Argo won last night. PGA votes identically with the Oscars using ranked ballots. That speaks volumes. It won in a ranked ballot award against Lincoln.