riczhang

19th SAG Awards (Winners in 1st Post) Skyfall wins Stunt Ensemble

Either Argo or Lincoln for editing. And I believe Django for cinematropahy since its basically the only thing it will win.

I am pretty certain Argo is getting editing. It was the best edited film afterall, and with all these guild awards, it is bound to pick up editing. I think Cinematography is a bit harder to decide on.

I saw its nom count, but come on, Crouching Tiger had 10 noms and that didn't win. With how competitive this year is, Amour is not really in contention for any major award.

Crouching Tiger's were mainly tech noms. Amour was never gonna get those. It's not a tech heavy movie. 

The thing going against Argo again is not only is there no directing nom-it is next to impossible to win without a directing and a acting win which only Crash has done since Chariots of Fire. And if it loses screenplay no chance at all.

You're really ignoring the state of the race if you think this way. Lincoln and SLP and Life of Pi haven't won anything yet. Fact. 

I am pretty certain Argo is getting editing. It was the best edited film afterall, and with all these guild awards, it is bound to pick up editing. I think Cinematography is a bit harder to decide on.

I was still actually thinking ZDT for editing. 

With Argo's guild wins, it will be though for ZDT to get editing. I think it will get one sound award though.

I think ZDT will play like TGWDT. They'll want to reward it somewhere, and this is the most likely place I think. It's definitely I think the most heavily edited movie, and the most showily edited movie. I do think that it could also potentially get Sound Editing. Les Mis is probably gonna win Mixing, and I think that Editing is between ZDT and probably Skyfall.

Foreign films don't get 5 noms, best director and screenplay unless they loved. Amour will shock in either best director or actress. Harvey's power is probably enough to secure the win for JLaw, but if Riva wins the BAFTA SLP might end up with nothing.

Exactly. They loved the movie, the average AMPAS voter is right in the film's target demographic. You guys all kinda wrote me off when I said that the film would connect with the Academy voters very well, because the movie is about aging and death and the Academy voters are right at that age where they can really respect and be emotionally impacted by the movie. But not so old that they're about to go through it, or their partner is going through it right now that they hate it. An actual member said that his mother hated the movie because her husband had gone through that very recently and she said, "I don't want to relive it." The member himself loved the film. 

LOL, are people still trying to make Amour happen? Great movie, but come on! It's completely out of the conversation.

Refers you to Oscar morning. You lot all said no way in hell it'd get anything big. 

Refers you to Oscar morning. You lot all said no way in hell it'd get anything big. 

I most certainly was not. May not have been predicting it, but I had it with maybe a 50% chance of a BP nom. I knew it'd get screenplay and had a good chance at Actress. Directing was the only surprise. It indeed did very well, but your argument is essentially: "They liked it enough to nominate it, therefore they liked it enough to give it the win."

I doubt enough Academy members have even seen the movie to give it majorities in anything other than Foreign Film.

EDIT: Actually, I won't rule out Screenplay either, even though I have Tarantino winning.

Edited by Sims