Alpha

CAYOM Year 7 Advance Schedule

An animated film should move to April 21. Rio did well in that slot, and June and July are packed as it is.

I don't want to move Amulet there, it'll benefit from kids being off from school.

Why not Blue Belt? Seriously, the thing is positioned a week before Amulet. I'm not saying Amulet gonna crush the thing, it's that Blue Belt won't perform that well if it only has one weekend of breathing room. 

Amulet opening on ID4 is not a good idea. Animated films don't open that weekend. If they do they underperform. Amulet could be the best CAYOM film ever, it's still going to suffer coming out a week after a purely kids targeted release. There are 52 weeks and we have half a dozen animated films, surely we don't need to release two that close to one another. 

Amulet opening on ID4 is not a good idea. Animated films don't open that weekend. If they do they underperform. Amulet could be the best CAYOM film ever, it's still going to suffer coming out a week after a purely kids targeted release. There are 52 weeks and we have half a dozen animated films, surely we don't need to release two that close to one another. 

This ID weekend is different. ID is on a Tuesday, at the end of the weekend. You're thinking of Ice Age 3, in where ID was on a Saturday.

Still, no studio would release an animated film one week after a direct competition. I'm just saying that it will cost Amulet a lot even if it makes more than Blue Belt.

We will see. I don't think Blue Belt is an unstoppable juggernaut. I don't even know what the film's about?

You missing the point. It's not about how good is Blue Belt, the audience's appetite for an animated film will be much lower for Amulet, two kids film being out earlier the month. Blue Belt won't do extraordinary numbers, but it's catering for the Golden Bird crowd, it's the same location set, same filmmakers, therefore it will do pretty much the same numbers. Amulet having released in April for instance would give a film a much better run. If you're thinking is ID4 weekend, huge numbers, you're wrong. It has never happened for an animated film before.

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines

You missing the point. It's not about how good is Blue Belt, the audience's appetite for an animated film will be much lower for Amulet, two kids film being out earlier the month. Blue Belt won't do extraordinary numbers, but it's catering for the Golden Bird crowd, it's the same location set, same filmmakers, therefore it will do pretty much the same numbers. Amulet having released in April for instance would give a film a much better run. If you're thinking is ID4 weekend, huge numbers, you're wrong. It has never happened for an animated film before.

Ice Age 3 opened high, $40 million OW, not counting Wednesday and Thursday. It had a $66 million 5-day start. Amulet will do the same or better (since ID is the Tuesday after). 

Ice Age 3 opened high, $40 million OW, not counting Wednesday and Thursday. It had a $66 million 5-day start. Amulet will do the same or better (since ID is the Tuesday after). 

Gotta agree with Alfred. It's going to suffer... not a lot, but still. Anyways, it's your movie and your decision.

Seriously, someone suggested the April 21 date. Why not even April 14? It'll have three weekends of breathing room before Justice League.

I think it's because there are 3 movies already... I'd stick with 21 April.

April 14th is already packed enough.

It's missing one thing; a family film. That's where Blue Belt should move.

It's like how Jack the Giant Slayer performed against Oz the Great and Powerful. How smart was a decision to put Jack a week before Oz?

Blue Belt won't do as bad and Amulet won't do as good, but that's what happens. Out with the old, in with the new.

DM2 has a 2-week gap between it and Monsters University, not one week like Amulet has.

And there's just another animation the week after Amulet, whilst DM2 has an animation less than a month away. (3weeks or so, If i remember right)

And there's just another animation the week after Amulet, whilst DM2 has an animation less than a month away. (3weeks or so, If i remember right)

You're mistaken. The only release on July 7 is Harlem Shake: 28 Days Later.

You're mistaken. The only release on July 7 is Harlem Shake: 28 Days Later.

2 weeks then. Not that big of a difference. You sandwiched... And people were laughing at The Hangover 3..

I suggest moving. Honestly.