riczhang

85th Academy Awards Ceremony Thread SADNESS

. Obv hyperbole but I mean come on. I watched both flicks recently seeing both multiple times. Brokeback is a generation defining film that did amazing things for gays in America, Crash is alright lol

I might get massacred for saying this but I think Shelter's a better gay film than Brokeback. And Crash isn't alright. It's like getting shot in the face.

Finally, this is what we were waiting for. After giving a boring Oscar speech Hathaway lets it go backstage, 5:20:

UGH, she's awful, just awful. What a stuck up priss. Thank God her career is over. She has such an affected tone, like she's such a cultured individual.

"Thaaaaaank you"

"Having to connect with the DARKNESS of life" - oh please, like playing Fantine makes you an activist. STFU.

"I had a dream and it came TRUE! *sobs*"

What kind of bullshit questions are these, anyways? "Are you ever impressed with yourself?" WTF?

All I can say is that she is LUCKY she spent the last 2 months rehearsing last night's speech over and over again, or else it would have been even worse than it was.

• Like 1

Sorry but i have nothing against JLaw (unlike SOME people who hate people for no reason), BUT whoever dresses her and does her hair needs putting down. She doesnt have the face for hair like they are giving her. Makes her look like a puffy faced kid playing dress up with her granny, and yes she has horrible knees.

Posted Image

• Like 3

You can jump off Mount Everest now.

She looks awkward and uncomfortable in what they are giving her, they need to play to her strengths. Her hair needs to be down for a start. Her oscar hair looked like Emmanuelle Riva should have had it. Ugly and OLD.

She has a youthful, yet badass look, not a granny look.. so stop dressing her that way. No wonder she fell up the stairs!

Worst moment of the night was when Anne weeped 'it came true'. Just stfu. Horrendous speech opening.

GTFO it was amazing. What do you expect an Oscar winner to do? "I expected it all along. Thank-you so very much, It's such a fitting reward for me?"

UGH, she's awful, just awful. What a stuck up priss. Thank God her career is over. She has such an affected tone, like she's such a cultured individual.

"Thaaaaaank you"

"Having to connect with the DARKNESS of life" - oh please, like playing Fantine makes you an activist. STFU.

What kind of bullshit questions are these, anyways? "Are you ever impressed with yourself?" WTF?

All I can say is that she is LUCKY she spent the last 2 months rehearsing last night's speech over and over again, or else it would have been even worse than it was.

The contrast between her and JLaw says it all. Even if Jennifer did have a little something prepared, it's obvious she got caught up in the emotion of it (and falling on her face!) and just gives something off the cuff, and raw.

I am so upset I was unable to be online during the Oscars, but I just wanted to say overall I thought it was a great show. It was great because it was the first time in a while that the same film didn't win most of the big categories  I am SOOO happy for J Law she totally rocked it. Ang Lee deserved it. And nothing made me happier then Ben's speech! 

"Thaaaaaank you"

Why is her career over? She is a damn good actress and has been for over a decade. An Oscar win is only going to help her career.