How would that work? Hire all the original actors and have them try to read a German script?

We have actors that are very good in dubbing. Even if they themselves do not speak the language, they can speak with that accent almost perfectly. For scottish they would roll the Rs. On the other hand sometimes they try to transpose the plot into a German setting and use a German dialect to show for instance a rural background. As an example in Babe(1995) the main reason for its extraordinary success in Germany was that they produced several localiced versions, there was even an Austrian one with the animals speaking in different Austrian dialects. That would be a shame here as it clearly takes place in Scotland. The Australian farm in Babe could have been anywhere.

It might be enough, but considering the number of different setpieces and scenes that seem to make up the first half hour of exposition, I fear for the main story's pacing.

Exactly my problem with such a small time to develop the movie's structure, the stroy might seem like rushed, but I doubt it with Pixar movies.