Brenda Chapman interview

http://www.pixarport...part-one-career

http://www.pixarport...-part-two-brave

Seems she's still employed at Pixar and is developing other projects. As far as I can tell, she's still on good terms with them.

And she also seems to be aware of the story problems that that AICN guy mentioned, but is optimistic that they'll be resolved.

Edited by tribefan695

Maybe, but at least we now know that the whole thing was really overblown. This wasn't a Jan Pinkava situation.

I mean, she's putting herself out there now, doing interviews, tweeting, willfully associating herself with the film.

Edited by tribefan695

I'm not clairvoyant but after reading that interview, I'm betting she's out the door as soon as Brave comes out just like Brad Lewis did with Cars 2.

Yep. Like tribe says, she's gone as soon as Brave's released like Brad Lewis.

Telling quote to me is: "I'm currently not on Braveright now. I do get to see screenings of it occasionally and I'm still employed by Pixar, but I'm developing some projects apart from Brave. There were just some creative differences." She never says she's developing the projects for Pixar. Pretty well-parsed sentence.

A bit disconcerting to hear they're still struggling with the story at this point; but then again it is Pixar.

She's not developing them for anyone right now. Later in the interview she says she's not sure if they'll be picked up or not.

But do we still have to assume that she's being "forced out" of Pixar? Maybe she'll leave, maybe she won't, maybe she'll just go off and do something else for awhile like Bird and Stanton have. Heck, Rydstrom's project got canned and he's still there.

As for the story, I'm just glad to hear someone acknowledging that it still has problems. We didn't get any of that with Cars 2.

Edited by tribefan695