Honestly that's exactly why some of us Pixar loonies just abhorred the idea of Cars 2, especially when it was looking like it was going to be a big glob of fail. I honestly believe that from the beginning, movie-goers gave Pixar movies a chance exactly because it was from Pixar. I don't think WALL-E or Ratatouille or Finding Nemo would have made as much as they did if they weren't Pixar movies... I hate to sound like a broken record, but this is exactly why you don't beat the golden goose like that. That reputation that gets people to say things like the part I've bolded above is worth more than $1 billion in toy car sales... And another failure from them so close to Cars 2 (and if it's a sequel), it might be hard to recover that audience goodwill that they've built up for the past 20 years given the market now. I really hope Monster's University is the last se(pre)quel we see from them for a while.

No, I want to see Incredibles 2 than we can be done with sequels.

^ Oh for sure, Incredibles 2 is a standing exception for me. :) But Bird looks like he's going to be trusted with a lot of live action now, so I'm not even thinking about that any time soon.... And I am not supportive if Pixar chooses anybody else but Bird to helm Incredibles 2, so that's that.

He'll have 1906 and MI5 then I would imagine he would do I2. After that he can do all live-action. He also has Ray Gunn. A lot of movies are looking for directors, others he could direct are: Halo, SH movie (Justice League or Guardians of the Galaxy), might be better for S.H.I.E.L.D.

I really don't see this flying to higher than 200M. 220M for now

Did we really expect much from a movie about a robot who doesn't speak? Or a Rat in a kitchen? What about an elderly gentleman who attaches balloons to his house and fly's to South America? I think Pixar works best when they go for the unconventional.

Did we really expect much from a movie about a robot who doesn't speak? Or a Rat in a kitchen? What about an elderly gentleman who attaches balloons to his house and fly's to South America? I think Pixar works best when they go for the unconventional.

As "unconventional" as Pixar looks on one hand, a lot of their stuff is pretty simple too, usually a twist on something familiar. What if a rat wanted to cook? What if monsters were scared of children? What if super-heroes had to live normal lives. What if a robot fell in love? etc.

I don't this trailer did the story they're working on any justice. Time will tell.

The mother looks as bland and boring as ever. Damn it.

Also, Neo, Bird doesn't have MI5, does he? Why would he direct another one and be tied down? Unless it's stated, I don't think he should or will.

But I'd rather have another Incredibles as an R-rated animated pic, so it can be years in the future, where the kids are now young adults. Of course that would completely ruin the first Incredibles if you had sex, drugs, violence and all the other realities of life in it...ahhh.