^ Yeah, I'd just point to Ratatouille for me. I thought the trailers were terrible, but loved the movie and it's my favorite now. And looking at those early trailers, it sure looked like they were trying to market the movie to children with the poor attempts at throwing the "humorous" parts in. So even if I did hate the trailer (which I don't; I still don't get the cynicism right now), I think I'd still be hopeful for this. I'd be more concerned about whether or not they're fixing the AICN preview issues.

True, sad to say, but my faith has been shaken a bit in Pixar. They pretty much always have lame trailers though, so I perhaps this will live up to the Pixar name

All those folks defending Cars 2 last year, here is exhibit A as to why I was so vehement that yes, a crap movie will affect future releases. Maybe not, but like the old adage goes, you're only as good as your last movie... Never seen so many skeptics going into a Pixar movie until this one. Not as many of those typical "...but I trust Pixar, they've never let me down before" posts this time around.

All those folks defending Cars 2 last year, here is exhibit A as to why I was so vehement that yes, a crap movie will affect future releases. Maybe not, but like the old adage goes, you're only as good as your last movie... Never seen so many skeptics going into a Pixar movie until this one. Not as many of those typical "...but I trust Pixar, they've never let me down before" posts this time around.

Yeah, it is unfortunate. Even if they don't specifically mention Cars 2 they subconsciously don't hold the Pixar brand in as high esteem as they did before.

I'm certainly not worried about this, because I know that Cars 2 turned out to be a blatant cash grab and the folks at Pixar probably didn't want to do it in the first place. I can't say the same about this film and the upcoming titles. I know I was initially enthusiastic about Cars 2, because I thought Pixar could do no wrong. I gave Pixar the benefit of the doubt after 11 films, but still, I don't think one dent in the armor (I didn't think the film was awful, just average and nothing like any Pixar film) will determine the future of Pixar.

Don't know how I feel about being made an exhibit, haha but i totally know what you mean. :D

Plus the disconcerting thing is that a movie is a huge deal....many people at all levels (and yes Lasseter himself) would have had to have been on board with Cars 2, from initial concept, story etc. While its "just" one miss, it does say something.

Edited by bestofthebunch

No, they aren't. Like I said before, Toy Story's had lincoln logs, Wall-E's had "At Last". And I remember as a teen being totally uninterested in Nemo based on its teaser.

I showed up for TI as a teen w/ my future wife based purely on us remembering the super-hero who couldn't fit into his costume bit. Pixar trailers typically show fantastic and vivid characters (Brave so far shows 1) and a beautiful, fun and perilous adventure.

Sorry, not seeing a difference. I HATE that Wall-E trailer and the Ratatouille one is even more reliant on slapstick than Brave is.

Agreed about the Ratatouille one (though I still think it is better than Brave)... they both play up the kid humor, but both of them actually present a more cohesive and compelling story. Brave is just a random, largely unfollowable mishmash that goes from humorous to serious in like 1/2 a second.Could be personal preference, but it wasnt that funny to me at all, whereas Wall-E was.

It may be a retroactive thing I have regarding Wall-E's trailer. What I really hate about it is how it trivializes Eve's character, making her out to be something like a faux action girl/damsel in distress.

And anyway, we're still more than six months away from Brave's release. I'm certain a more coherent trailer is in the future. I don't think it's fair to compare this to two that came out much closer to their movies' respective release dates.

Edited by tribefan695

Glad to see we've got most of the Pixar regulars back here. Always fun!

Well, I'm going to have to agree with Whoot and tribefan. I only anticipate Pixar movies because I know that they'll be good even though I'm always skeptical. I never wanted to see the Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille or Wall-E. Even Up's final trailer was a letdown and although right now my opinion of that movie has fallen, after my first viewing I did think it was excellent. Actually Toy Story 3's trailer was also meh.

There is a lot of skepticism given that Cars 2 was their last film, but I don't know there was a lot of bad talk on Ratatouille and Wall-E.