It's only at 11 reviews...there's still 150+ to go, it could easily stabile at low 80s. I love Pixar though and will be there ow regardless (though probably a late show so there's not so many kids and it doesn't seem creepy if I wind up seeing it alone lol).

The hates for DWA are hilarious... LOL.

Why HTTYD would be rotten or low 60~70% on RT if it was produced by Pixar ? The fact is, HTTYD IS a DWA production and Pixar can never make a film like it.

they tryed with Brave, there are a lot of similarities

I don't see Brave doing more than HttyD DOM

Oh dear lord almighty have mercy on my animated lovin heart! Hadn't checked RT in awhile, you'll imagine my surprise. :unsure: I knew it wasn't doing amazing in the review department, but if this ends up rotten Pixar is in BIG trouble. They can't afford another stinker after Cars 2, especially with an original movie like this. People were willing to overlook Cars 2 given their flawless track record. Another dud however will tarnish their name. And that's not overdramatics, simply facts.

For some reason, I still think this will be a big crowd pleaser. The reviews seem unfairly harsh just because this is Pixar.

But shouldn't Pixar be held to a certain standard? I mean I know I'll sure be upset if this movie doesn't come close to any of their others (sans the Cars ones of course). You can't exactly expect them to say well it's a bit better than "The Lorax" so FRESH! I mean I sure won't in my assessment of it.

Edited by MovieMan89

Have none of you actually read the reviews?

What transpires about the story, Villains and character developement does not sound well for the BO success of Brave.

Let us not discuss whether it is masterpiece or not.Tastes are different. I infinitely prefer Tangled to TS3. We will never agree what movie is better, but what about the BO success?

I am afraid Merida will be perceived as the annoying sister always quarelling with mom and boys wil not be able to relate to her. The conflict between her and her mother will turn ugly later. All those funny clansmen characters that got so much limelight in the trailers will be abandoned later. The plot is dark for a Pixar movie, but they play that safe so that even a 6yo won't get scared too much. There is no interesting antagonist to fight against.

The animation is always excellent, but for me I see an uncanny valley effect, as the hair movements are so perfect that I get the distinct impression of the figures being knee-high puppets.

Brave will probably open around 65 but I would not be shocked if it struggles to reach 200.

Edited by Rudolf

But shouldn't Pixar be held to a certain standard? I mean I know I'll sure be upset if this movie doesn't come close to any of their others (sans the Cars ones of course). You can't exactly expect them to say well it's a bit better than "The Lorax" so FRESH! I mean I sure won't in my assessment of it.

Well sure, we can hold them to a certain standard, but should critics? Honestly, I don't think they should. Anytime a critic goes into a screening with predetermined comparisons or any kind of expectations, they will end up with a biased review.

Have none of you actually read the reviews?

What transpires about the story, Villains and character developement does not sound well for the BO success of Brave.

Let us not discuss whether it is masterpiece or not.Tastes are different. I infinitely prefer Tangled to TS3. We will never agree what movie is better, but what about the BO success?

I am afraid Merida will be perceived as the annoying sister always quarelling with mom and boys wil not be able to relate to her. The conflict between her and her mother will turn ugly later. All those funny clansmen characters that got so much limelight in the trailers will be abandoned later. The plot is dark for a Pixar movie, but they play that safe so that even a 6yo won't get scared too much. There is no interesting antagonist to fight against.

The animation is always excellent, but for me I see an uncanny valley effect, as the hair movements are so perfect that I get the distinct impression of the figures being knee-high puppets.

Brave will probably open around 65 but I would not be shocked if it struggles to reach 200.

At this point I wouldn't be shocked either, and I can't believe I'm saying that since I've had it "locked" for 200 for months.

I haven't gotten to read through this thread yet, but am I the only one who smells a bomb with this one? The trailers don't look appealing in the traditional Pixar sense, there appears to be nothing here to attract males of any age, and the reviews so far are only so-so. Everyone I talk to seems to be banking on the fact that the Pixar brand alone is enough of a draw to guarantee at least $40-$50 mil opening weekend, but I'm not so sure. If we see the same beautiful weather in the major markets next weekend like we are this weekend, I wouldn't be shocked to see a $35 - $40 O/W, tops.

Well sure, we can hold them to a certain standard, but should critics? Honestly, I don't think they should. Anytime a critic goes into a screening with predetermined comparisons or any kind of expectations, they will end up with a biased review.

The only thing that makes critics different from us is that they're better writers. Everyone is biased in some way, and it's pointless to demand someone to be objective on something that's inherently subjective like a movie. Otherwise there would be no point reading more than one critic.

But that being said, eventually there will be more than enough critics putting reviews out that the biases will average each other out.

Edited by tribefan695

You know, I'm looking through the negative reviews of Brave and I don't see a single mention of "Dreamworks" anywhere. Everyone's just picking Faraci's quote out (which was still fresh), and running with it. I hate the guy as much as anyone, but come on...

Edited by tribefan695

I haven't gotten to read through this thread yet, but am I the only one who smells a bomb with this one? The trailers don't look appealing in the traditional Pixar sense, there appears to be nothing here to attract males of any age, and the reviews so far are only so-so. Everyone I talk to seems to be banking on the fact that the Pixar brand alone is enough of a draw to guarantee at least $40-$50 mil opening weekend, but I'm not so sure. If we see the same beautiful weather in the major markets next weekend like we are this weekend, I wouldn't be shocked to see a $35 - $40 O/W, tops.

No way man, no way. Cars 2 didn't hurt Pixar that much. They still have a loyal fanbase. My range is $50-$60M.