CJohn

Friday Numbers DHD - Breaking Dawn 72M!

Dh2 is not the second highest ticket seller of the HP films? What the hell is?

Goblet of Fire: 45.2mChamber of Secrets: 44.9mDeathly Hallows 2: 44.3mOrder of the Phoenix: 42.1mHalf-Blood Prince: 40.2mPrisoner of Azkaban: 40.1mDH1: 36.7m

I think it might be my favourite.

The film adaptation can be our favorite, but there is no doubt that the ending of Mockingjay was far too rushed. I've only read it once, so I'll see if my opinion of it changes or not. Like I said, I don't hate the book. I just think it lacked the spark of the first two.

The film adaptation can be our favorite, but there is no doubt that the ending of Mockingjay was far too rushed. I've only read it once, so I'll see if my opinion of it changes or not. Like I said, I don't hate the book. I just think it lacked the spark of the first two.

I think it's problem was it struggled at first to adjust to the new setting, but once Katniss went on the missions it definitely perked up.

I thought it was boring, depressing and somewhat unsatisfying the first time. The second time I loved it, it was a realistic, ballsy ending which kept in line with the rest of the series. I honestly felt it humiliated the fairytale ending to pretty much every other YA series.

I think it's problem was it struggled at first to adjust to the new setting, but once Katniss went on the missions it definitely perked up.

It did. I enjoyed the latter section far more than the first half, but I didn't like how rushed

Prim's death

was. I didn't even know it happened until after a few pages!

Edited by Noctis

It did. I enjoyed the latter section far more than the first half, but I didn't like how rushed

Prim's death

was. I didn't even know it happened until after a few pages!

I was more affected by

Finnick's death. He was so fucking epic! Prim's was more full of disbelief to me. Seemed very out of place

Talking WOM with a Twi film is kind of pointless. The fans always love the films for about a week. EVERY film has had "great WOM" opening weekend. They'll hate it by next weekend.

I disagree. On our board, normally it's been a bloodbath the day after with people tearing apart the films. During Eclipse, I thought they'd go out and hunt David Slade down and wring him up (not me, personally, I enjoyed Eclipse).

I saw more people flipping out and saying how bad the film was going to be before it came out than now. People were expecting it to be awful and were really worried about it.

But today, there's some nitpicking here and there, but most people are very enthusiastic about the film.

NoVA/DC Friday/Saturday Sellout Comparison:

Posted Image

6 sellouts as of 4:30PM EST, versus 19 yesterday.

*Note, yesterday, most sellouts were evening shows. Today, evening shows haven't sold as much yet, but there are more day time sellouts.

Only counted 7 sellouts for today so far. Yesterday at this time there were 19, although there's obviously been more daytime sellouts today.

All the fangirls saw it on midnight and the first day. Now it is going to be up to the general audience to take it up to 300M. Edited by Mojoguy

I was more affected by

Finnick's death. He was so fucking epic! Prim's was more full of disbelief to me. Seemed very out of place

I understand the criticism here and cannot disagree. However, I actually liked it. I thought it was very eerie and it tied in with Katniss

starting to lose her mind. The whole piece from Katniss seeing little Capitol girl in a yellow coat being slain by the rebel fire to humanitarian parachutes bombing Capitol kids to Prim suddenly appearing as a medical staff and falling victim to the said parachute bombs that were Gale`s idea.

I think there are manygreat ideas in there that would have worked better in the hands of a more capable writer. Collins excels in conceptual but execution isn`t always up to the snuff. neverttheless, Mockingjay is my favorite followed by Catching Fire. HG is my least favorite because it has a brilliant set up but doesn`t quite deliver on the promise due to first person POV that proved to be a handicap in this book. It was fixed in subsequent ones.