CJohn

Friday Numbers DHD - Breaking Dawn 72M!

I've had a look on BOM and from what I can tell, at the end of the first Sunday, New Moon had $132.1m total internationally from 24 countries and Eclipse had $104.6m total internationally from 38 countries.

It is clearly stated in Nikki's report that the numbers are for Wed-Fri.I think the pace is much lower than Eclipse, but the latter was in Summer for most parts of the world, so that was expected. Sat/Sun should tell the tale.

So after reading Shawn's theory about Wednesday openers (in which he says the 4 day is a good indicator of what the film would've made on a conventional 3 day weekend), I'm estimating that Eclipse would've opened to $144.3m.

The numbers for Eclipse's fourth day in theaters were deflates, as it was the 3rd of july falling on a saturday. So you should probably add some millions in that calculation.As for it's international opening: it better topped the last films, as it has just Germany's opening left for next weekend. Edited by Poseidon

The numbers for Eclipse's fourth day in theaters were deflates, as it was the 3rd of july falling on a saturday. So you should probably add some millions in that calculation.

I'd probably have to do some other sort of calculation. I'm not sure that just adding a few million here and there is going to give a very accurate answer. Looking back at the last time July 4th fell on that Sunday, in 2004, Spidey 2 was the major Wednesday opener, and it didn't decrease on that Saturday. So I don't know, I'll stick with this for now, until someone more knowledgeable than I ever takes a look at this. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?view=7day&sortdate=2004-07-02&p=.htm

The numbers for Eclipse's fourth day in theaters were deflates, as it was the 3rd of july falling on a saturday. So you should probably add some millions in that calculation.

Because it's Twilight, the most frontloaded movie series ever.

I feel vindicated in a way that both movies did what I expected them too - on another site I made a comment about HF2 flopping hard and most thought I was insane.... while they lowballed Twilight (again)Great weekend - should be a great Thanksgiving season