baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

Next weekend will be interesting, so many holdovers, strong ones at that; and 2 openers with unclear potential. It'll be great  :)

I'm planning to bank my answers on NYSM breaking out. Really hope it will.

I have blown IM3, H3 and don't even have Gatsby on my list.  :rofl:

I hear ya B, I share it with you too, that laughter of despair  :)

My Top 15 is seriously so bad, I don't even know whether to laugh or cry  :mellow:

• Like 1

I've never played before, but can somebody explain to me exactly how the points are tallied for preseason predictions?

For example, let's say that someone predicted STID to finish 2nd place for the summer with $290 million.

(And let's pretend that STID will finish with $215M, in 6th place for the summer.)

-Do I get points for correctly predicting that STID will be in the top 15?

-Do I lose points for predicting 2nd place instead of 6th place?

-How many points will I lose for being off by 70 million?

On a similar note, let's imagine that Gatsby will finish with $150 million. I did not include it in my top 15. How many points will I lose?

-will I lose for not having it in my top 15?

-will I also lose more based on how much money it makes?

-do I lose anything with regards to its position in the top 15?

For example, let's say that someone predicted STID to finish 2nd place for the summer with $290 million.

(And let's pretend that STID will finish with $215M, in 6th place for the summer.)

-Do I get points for correctly predicting that STID will be in the top 15? Yes. You get 15,000 points for every film you call correctly in the top 15, regardless of order.

-Do I lose points for predicting 2nd place instead of 6th place? No

-How many points will I lose for being off by 70 million? -6,000 (-5,000 for being off by more than $40M + -1,000 for being off by an additional $20M+)

On a similar note, let's imagine that Gatsby will finish with $150 million. I did not include it in my top 15. How many points will I lose?

-will I lose for not having it in my top 15? Yes. You will lose 10,000 points.

-will I also lose more based on how much money it makes? Depends. If you call the gross within $40M, you don't lose or gain any points. If you are off by more than $40M, you will lose 5,000 points for being off by $40M-$60M, plus 1,000 points for every $20M after that.

-do I lose anything with regards to its position in the top 15? This sounds like the same question you asked above. Can you clarify?

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I have blown IM3, H3 and don't even have Gatsby on my list.  :rofl:

You and me both, brother. And here I thought $182m was a safe spot to at least try and break even on points with TH3...

• Founder / Operator

Was it this bad last summer game?

Not quite. Obviously no one (?) thought Avengers would do what it did, but, the week-after-week blown predictions this year are beyond anything I can remember from any past summer games (I started in 2009).

If anyone has Gatsby in their top 15, plus IM3 over $400m and Trek under $225m... they have a great shot at winning at this point in time ... so long as they play all of the weekly questions and SOTMs (and the rest of their top 15 is at least passable).

Edited by ShawnMR

Thanks for the answers laguy!

Regarding the Gatsby example above, I did not include it in my top 15, so would that be the equivalent of predicting $0?

So I'd lose 10,000 points for not including it in the top 15, and I'd also lose whatever the points equivalent of $150million is? (I guess 5,000 + 1,000 + 1,000 + 1,000 + 1,000 + 1,000)

So would I lose 10,000 + 10,000 for a total of 20,000?

Or would I just lose the initial 10,000 for not including it in the top 15?