Shawn Robbins

Thursday Preview & Midnight Numbers Archive

So does anyone think this shooting will impact future midnight shows in a negative way? Obviously the restrictions on masks and replica weapons will cut down on a huge portion of the cos play. Many people, especially those with families, might not even show up to midnights out of fear. And theatres will have to pay for more security, which could mean some chains cancel midnights for all but the biggest movies. It will be interesting to see what happens with the next few big midnight movies (Paranormal 4? BD 2).

The shooting will probably affect future midnight showings. It depends on the movie.I will still see PA4 at midnight but I am staying away from The Hobbit at midnight just to be safe. Also next year I probably will steer clear of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire at midnight or I might go see it just not at a big well known theater.

Staying away from midnights is silly really. The same thing is hardly going to happen again. Can you imagine the security at midnights now? I mean, just take the airlines, the security is so ramped up since 2001 that only an idiot terrorist would try to hijack a plane now - a clever terrorist would plot to blow somewhere else up where the security is low and they can successfully achieve their mission. The same goes for any crazed gunmen...but that was a rare case and it extremely unlikely to be replicated. I should think midnights are the safest place to be at 1am on a Thursday night.