A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Start getting ready for a potential delay. 

Maybe, but Sony UK has twice this week tweeted out stills from the film with a 'coming December 23' (in the UK) tag.  Besides, they need it this year, blockbuster performance wise, don't they?

6 minutes ago, babz06 said:

It's either going to be released with Mag 7 or nothing at all. 

Exactly. It's telling that every single source saying that a trailer is coming has not had any association with Sony. Unless they announce one, expect to continue being disappointed (and I'll wager $10 that the trailer will premiere with Magnificent Seven).

27 minutes ago, trifle said:

Maybe, but Sony UK has twice this week tweeted out stills from the film with a 'coming December 23' (in the UK) tag.  Besides, they need it this year, blockbuster performance wise, don't they?

They are doing fine this year. There are bigger problems here with the whole VFX mess. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

They are doing fine this year. There are bigger problems here with the whole VFX mess. 

Yeah, but Sony said they were just going forward with a different VFX house, and that it wouldn't impact the opening date.  Then they set the premiers, then Sony UK sent out those tweets.....

I want to believe it is coming out on time, and the information Sony is giving says it is.  That the trailer isn't out yet is the kicker.

3 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Sony Brasil and Spain are also tweeting about the Movie. 

Release date: January 5.

Every Sony page around the world tweeted this. 

2 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Sony Brasil and Spain are also tweeting about the Movie. 

Release date: January 5.

And looking at twitter, so is Sony Canada.

• Like 1

Do we really need to update this thread every time the trailer isn't coming out? 

I mean, I get it, I'm also anxious to see it, but every time this thread gets bumped I get excited, only to find out it's yet another "not coming out this week" update.

lets just assume it's not coming out, and update when something actually happens to change that or to imply it's gonna change.

Agreed though that most likely right now is they attach it to Mag7. Won't expect anything until then, and if it doesn't happen then, I'll hope the movie is delayed because I would rather it be delayed than marketed that poorly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Do we really need to update this thread every time the trailer isn't coming out? 

I mean, I get it, I'm also anxious to see it, but every time this thread gets bumped I get excited, only to find out it's yet another "not coming out this week" update.

lets just assume it's not coming out, and update when something actually happens to change that or to imply it's gonna change.

Agreed though that most likely right now is they attach it to Mag7. Won't expect anything until then, and if it doesn't happen then, I'll hope the movie is delayed because I would rather it be delayed than marketed that poorly.

Yeah, in the long run I'd rather it be done right, I guess.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Holy motherfucking shit, y'all gonna give me a heart attack whenever you keep bumping this thread without a trailer :sadben:

I hope to dear Jizzus that Sony drops a trailer w/Magnificent Seven. Otherwise, buh bye 2016 release.

I'd rather it be done well than be rushed and not be done well, but this guy is the author of the script, so chances are he may know something.  At least that is the idea twitter has.

• Like 1