A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

22 hours ago, mrqe93 said:

For the first time in so many years, people will flock to theater to see the stars.

Not sure about Chris Pratt and J Law though. Couldn't care less about them :P

Well, I guess we'll find out, won't we?

And I say that as an admirer of Jennifer Lawrence who is pretty confident about this movie.

I don't think it will be 'bullet proof', but if it is good, I think critics will be predisposed to like it, because it is original, and because Jen is well thought of, the director has been nominated by the Academy, and as far as I know, there is no grudge out there against Pratt.  Both of them are popular, and I do agree that a movie pulling the public to original material with star power will be a plus for the critics. Critics are already anticipating it positively.  If it sucks, they won't defend it, but I think they don't want it to suck.  And from all accounts to date, it is really good.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, trifle said:

Well, I guess we'll find out, won't we?

And I say that as an admirer of Jennifer Lawrence who is pretty confident about this movie.

I don't think it will be 'bullet proof', but if it is good, I think critics will be predisposed to like it, because it is original, and because Jen is well thought of, the director has been nominated by the Academy, and as far as I know, there is no grudge out there against Pratt.  Both of them are popular, and I do agree that a movie pulling the public to original material with star power will be a plus for the critics. Critics are already anticipating it positively.  If it sucks, they won't defend it, but I think they don't want it to suck.  And from all accounts to date, it is really good.

But it does have to be good.  This isn't going to get a pass if it's not.

I will admit if it's not the best ever...just really good...it'll get acclaim beyond just good.  But if it sucks...they'll slaughter it.

I don't know if this is legitimate or not, but someone started an "I hear Passengers has test screened" thread on IMDB, and someone posted this;

yes it has test screened, the movie has sound complaints and pacing issues but in general its terrific and a money maker.The 2 gay dudes who saw this posted to me and said Jlaw and c pratt chemistry was terrific. Oscar chances for tech categories, BP and if it does really well at BO, Jlaw would get in, she was terrific it seems , C Pratt was great too.
Spoiler

Ending is different from the script.

He posted a lot of stuff but i didn't get all the tech details.

http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000005/thread/256795191?p=6

Edited by trifle

As a general question for anyone who knows the answer, if I start an >200 DOM club for Passengers, I would mean that to be its full run, not just the part of its run that would fall into this calendar year.  Is that how it would be taken by the rules of this place?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, trifle said:

As a general question for anyone who knows the answer, if I start an >200 DOM club for Passengers, I would mean that to be its full run, not just the part of its run that would fall into this calendar year.  Is that how it would be taken by the rules of this place?

Thanks.

Generally, yes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, trifle said:

Thanks.

Full run.

Or you can specify it will do 200M until the end of 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Generally, yes.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Full run.

Or you can specify it will do 200M until the end of 2016.

Thank you!

--

edit, I started a thread in the clubs subforum because it is a little more than 6 months until opening in the US.  http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21902-passengers-over-200-dom-full-run/

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2016 at 10:53 AM, A District 3 Engineer said:

Welllllllllllll,

Strictly speaking that doesn't have to be a teaser trailer, it could be the same footage they showed at CinemaCon and that Chinese CinemaCon like event.  I hope it actually does result in a trailer, though!

As I understand it, the footage will be exclusive to those attending, so chances are we won't get to see it (unless it leakes of course).

However I do hope we at least hear some reactions / get a description out of this event. It feels like they should be releasing something at this point, with the movie now 6 months away.

• Like 1

I like Chris Pratt, I don't like Jennifer Lawrence.

I know nothing about this book this based off of but the premise itself doesn't strike me as very engaging.

I really liked Silver Lining's Playbook so if the right cast is around to distract me from J-Law I might be in.

This film will be the first true test to see if Pratt is going to be a box office draw or not. I'm mildly excited in seeing a trailer.

1 minute ago, Otakusai said:

I like Chris Pratt, I don't like Jennifer Lawrence.

I know nothing about this book this based off of but the premise itself doesn't strike me as very engaging.

I really liked Silver Lining's Playbook so if the right cast is around to distract me from J-Law I might be in.

This film will be the first true test to see if Pratt is going to be a box office draw or not. I'm mildly excited in seeing a trailer.

I don't think it's based off a book (but I've been wrong before)

5 hours ago, trifle said:

Welllllllllllll,

Strictly speaking that doesn't have to be a teaser trailer, it could be the same footage they showed at CinemaCon and that Chinese CinemaCon like event.  I hope it actually does result in a trailer, though!

She clarified it later that day:

1 hour ago, JennaJ said:

As I understand it, the footage will be exclusive to those attending, so chances are we won't get to see it (unless it leakes of course).

However I do hope we at least hear some reactions / get a description out of this event. It feels like they should be releasing something at this point, with the movie now 6 months away.

At least, we finally got the title treatment.

ClFuz1RXEAAMTO9.jpg

I'm hoping we can also get that teaser poster (digital) we saw at Cinemacon.

• Like 2