A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

Seriously hope this trailer delivers. We've been waiting for SO long. I seriously can't remember the last time I was this anxious to finally see a trailer.

Hope we get a tease ahead of time letting us know when this is gonna drop. I want to watch it the minute it's out.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, trifle said:

Well, it seems like this is only specifically set in front of Mag 7 in Canada.  I guess it might be the same here.  But I'd be pretty surprised if theater owners didn't put it in front of other movies as well, on their own.

Doesn't that thing usually works more as a recommendation than anything else? I mean once the theatres have the trailer, would anyone really care or do anything if they stick it in front of whatever movie they deem fit? Maybe it's just a first week of release sort of thing.

I don't mind though, I'm gonna watch Mag7 anyway so this just gives me one more reason to look forward to it. ;)

8 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Doesn't that thing usually works more as a recommendation than anything else? I mean once the theatres have the trailer, would anyone really care or do anything if they stick it in front of whatever movie they deem fit? Maybe it's just a first week of release sort of thing.

I don't mind though, I'm gonna watch Mag7 anyway so this just gives me one more reason to look forward to it. ;)

Arclight barely does any trailers, probably only those assigned to a movie. (Two or maybe 3 max)  Other theaters do more and exhibitors were looking forward to this one and have been retweeting the poster, so hopefully they will put it in front of a lot of movies. When I was back east recently the theaters literally had 8 or 10 trailers - new to me!  At least in Canada the trailer was approved for all films.

If I go to Arclight for Mag7 and they don't show the Passengers trailer I am going to be seriously pissed.  Maybe I should call in advance.

Edited by trifle

21 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ooh so this is making its date after all, eh? Holidays could be a bloodbath with this vs. Rogue One and Sing vs. Moana

Fortunately, more  people have more time to go to more movies over the holidays.  But yeah, it will be interesting.

I know I'll see more than one (or two) movie(s) over the holidays, so I just hope more good fare will mean people go to more movies.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iamironman said:

Rouge one is going to be a disaster theres planned reshoots and reshoots so extensive the freaking composer has to be replaced 

I don't think it's going to be a disaster, but I think it might not be as huge as some people assume just by virtue of it being STAR WARS.

But we'll see. I hope that no matter how Rogue One does, both films (and Sing, for that matter) can co-exist. Not to mention the fact that La La Land, which I'm hugely anticipating, will also be going wide at around the same time.

I'm choosing to be excited about having so much to see this holiday season. Not much sense in worrying about it, just have to hope for the best.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I don't think it's going to be a disaster, but I think it might not be as huge as some people assume just by virtue of it being STAR WARS.

But we'll see. I hope that no matter how Rogue One does, both films (and Sing, for that matter) can co-exist. Not to mention the fact that La La Land, which I'm hugely anticipating, will also be going wide at around the same time.

I'm choosing to be excited about having so much to see this holiday season. Not much sense in worrying about it, just have to hope for the best.

This.