A Marvel Fanboy

Weekend Numbers: Oblvi: 38.1 42: 18 mill (starting pg 10)

:rofl:

Gotta love Nikki. She is the representation of what would happen if Fishnets had a infamous, influential blog (god willing, one day :wub: )

You didn't know, fishnets is Queen Nikke reincarnated.  ;)  :wub:

:wub: You guys rock. I would`ve added more hearts but the post maxed out on smilies.

Oh, and I watched The Croods yesterday and loved it. Emma and Nic Cage playing daughter/dad.  :wub:  My friends loved it too. Highly recommended for those of you who haven't watched it and were thinking of doing so. If rubbish Lorax can make 200m+, this movie deserves at least 180-190.

• Like 1

What was the budget for the flick? Cruise + pretty visuals must have cost a bomb.

Negative cost is 160M but they got some discount so net cost is 120M. with marketing it will need around 400M to turn profit. Might struggle to do that considering IM3 is opening next week in OS markets.

Negative cost is 160M but they got some discount so net cost is 120M. with marketing it will need around 400M to turn profit. Might struggle to do that considering IM3 is opening next week in OS markets.

It`ll break even from cinemas. Profit from BD and TV rights.

At one point ... not seriously I expected 40M+ 50M+

Why would you expect a 50 mill opening? Based on what? An original film in April of all months, is not known to open to 50 mill. The studio is silly to have dropped more than 200 mill on this with marketing, but that doesn't mean we should have EXPECTED it to open to 50 mill. 35 is a little low, but compared to other April releases of the past, 35 mill is in the top 10 April openings. And if you take out the Fast Five Franchise, which are obviously both sequels, then 35 mill is just behind 5 films for April.http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/month/?mo=04&p=.htm

What was the budget for the flick? Cruise + pretty visuals must have cost a bomb.

Keep in mind, Cruise does not get 25-30 mill for each film anymore.

Keep in mind, Cruise does not get 25-30 mill for each film anymore.

I believe that Cruise is the reason this opened over 35M. Otherwise, it would have probably opened with no more than 25-27M (Total Recall and Battleship numbers).

Why would you expect a 50 mill opening? Based on what? An original film in April of all months, is not known to open to 50 mill. The studio is silly to have dropped more than 200 mill on this with marketing, but that doesn't mean we should have EXPECTED it to open to 50 mill. 35 is a little low, but compared to other April releases of the past, 35 mill is in the top 10 April openings. And if you take out the Fast Five Franchise, which are obviously both sequels, then 35 mill is just behind 5 films for April.http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/month/?mo=04&p=.htm

This is bigger on scale than all of those movies plus it looks really spectacular.