Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

More:

When TOny uses the door of an ice cream case to shield himself from the explosion, his legs are left exposed.  He should have severe burns on his lower half.

Oh don't start this, we could be here all day doing this with any movie.

Edited by Jessie

More:

When TOny uses the door of an ice cream case to shield himself from the explosion, his legs are left exposed.  He should have severe burns on his lower half.

*gasp*

Are you suggesting that Hollywood blockbusters don't accurately portray the effects of an explosion?! What spore of madness is this?!!

More:

Lets see..

Batman had his back broken and fixed within a few months but simply 'standing up straight'

Batman gets shot and stabbed in both movies, none of which seem to take any affect on him.

Batman can fall from unprecedented heights without a fuss.

My favourite.

A nuke with a 6 mile blast Radius is able to somehow not effect Gotham nor Batman despite going off just a mile or so off shore leaving Batman unharmed with just 5 seconds to escape.

None of this stopped me from enjoying TDK movies.

Okay, I can admit when I'm wrong. Rewatched it tonight, and it was pretty improved. The Mandarin sting is gone from first viewing, and I appreciate them trying to do something new with Iron Man, even though not all of it works. The score is a nice touch too; especially finally getting a theme for Iron Man. It's in the upper half of the MCU

• Like 2

IM3 was entertaining as hell, favourite part was when Iron Man was captured and goes to shoot one of the guards in which he stand their with his arms up and says "Seriously, I hate working here, these guys are so weird' lol.

I also watched Kiss Kiss bang Bang the other day and I could see the similarities, its my type of humour. Its like the film permanently reminds you that at the end of the day, this is a comic book movie so just let loose and have fun.

• Like 3

The first act is terrific, it flows superbly, but after Stark's house is destroyed it starts to slowly fall apart, it's only after the scene where Stark calls to the kid that the quality drops exponentially, hitting rock bottom with the climax. 55/100

Edited by Mad Goffe

Iron Man 3 is a Shane Black movie through and through. The script is witty in a way the other Iron Man movies really wanted to be. The twist in the film really works well, and is possibly the film's most brilliant aspect. The first thirty minutes are a complete delight, although once detours to kids and Tony Stark fanboys are made, the plot seems to become meandering. Downey's performance shines under Black's direction. However, despite a fun hammy performance by Guy Pearce, the villain is forgettable, and after a really cool sequence involving Tony Stark having just a single repulsor glove to fight with, the action becomes dull, monotonous, and non-stop blurry CGI. Still, Iron Man 3 is pretty enjoyable, and manages to be a particularly fun summer blockbuster. B-

During this I remembered a review or maybe it was a random comment in the internet about how all the best scenes of this movie are the cheapest ones, and I still completely agree with it.

Shane Black's flair shine through both in the dialogue and in the unexpected turns the story takes. Tony stranded on a little town with that kid is the best part of the movie, that Mandarin twist still works when you already know about it (mostly because Ben Kingsley is hilarious) and there's a surprising thematic coherence throughout the movie revolving around Tony's PTSD and “creating your own demons”. There were also some very funny stuff like the grab your monkey scene and the opening scene with blue(da-ba-dee-da-ba-daa) and John Favreau sporting a Vincent Vega look in '99 that I had completely forgot about.

But there's a lot of bad stuff too. Mainly anything that has to do with big action set-pieces and the real villains has not aged well at all. Guy Pierce and Rebecca Hall are completely waisted and the climactic battle with the empty suits is a pure disaster of a sequence, so boring and so weightless that hurts the movie more than most underwhelming mcu final acts. But in the end the refreshing weirdness Shane Black brought to the franchise wins out.

B.

For me its IM2 > IM >>>> IM3 

IM3 is pale and silly compared to previous parts of this franchisee. One of the few Marvel movies which sucked quite a bit. 

Nevertheless it had its moments here and there which wasn't sufficient to entertain as a whole!

Ben Kingsley's bit was fucked up!

5/10