Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Normally I'm against nitpicking in SH films, like I wasn't upset seeing IM and CA putting up a fight against Thor even though it was silly, but seriously Stark shouting out his address and having no radar and defense system is just plain stupid. When I see something that ridiculously dumb I just can't ignore it. If I were 8 probably I wouldn't care. 

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines

I'm glad I'm a lot older than 8 and I bought it just fine. It's a character decision- one made by an egomaniac facing severe anxiety issues- not a plothole. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

Normally I'm against nitpicking in SH films, like I wasn't upset seeing IM and CA putting up a fight against Thor even though it was silly, but seriously Stark shouting out his address and having no radar and defense system is just plain stupid. When I see something that ridiculously dumb I just can't ignore it. If I were 8 probably I wouldn't care.

Posted Image

Insulting everyone who like things you don't by calling them "8 years old"  :rofl:  :rofl: Yeah, you sure are the mature one  :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Just because it's Stark's story doesn't mean you make a mockery of almost everything else in the film. Would all of you that love IM3 have been fine if Black had included pink elephants and circus performers in this film? What about bright neon villains and environments Joel Shumacher style? Perhaps throw in some romantic comedy elements as well?

Speaking of Joel Schumacher, Killian really reminded me a lot of Jim Carrey in Batman Forever, especially in the beginning of the film. The whole transformation from goofy scientist to slick, rich guy was very similar to The Riddler in Batman Forever. That's not a compliment to Black.

Sorry Gopher, your logic of the house having no radar or defense makes no sense in the context of all the pre-Avengers films. If the events of IM3 had happened during IM2, I bet real money that Favreau probably would have included at least radar or a defense system for Tony's house.

As for WOM, looking at the early numbers on IMDB, it seems females like this film quite a bit more than males. Makes sense, as much of The Avenger's success was thanks to females, not the main male demographic. It looks like the same thing is happening with IM3.

Edited by ACCA

But the poll doesnt look good. I mean typically a good movie here means over half voted A.

Yes, the poll indicates very mixed WOM.

Yead Mixed between Excellent and OK, and Averaging out to Very Good ...or a B. Which is Fine!

With 40 % Voting A

Grade it

Pretty much in agreement with RichWS, except I liked it a little more- I think the plot works just fine for what it is. Ridiculous fire breathing people are ridiculous fire breathing people. Ridiculous B-movie villain is ridiculous B-movie villain. For the most part, this is Stark's story and Black nails it. 

With you on Black nailing Stark's story. That's why I generally enjoyed it, despite any issues I may have. 

Like I said, I thought Pearce did a nice job so that helped. You're right that the plot is what it is. It gets you from point A to B to C in whatever way it can. My indifference with the goofy villains didn't really "hurt" my feelings. I just found myself spacing out during those scenes. Honestly, that stuff bored me.

I liked the way they referenced the Avengers. You know they were never gonna show up, so I don't understand bemoaning the lack of other heroes. Keep the focus on Stark. These are his movies. And "why doesn't his house have radar?" I don't know, and I don't care. 

• Like 2

Just because it's Stark's story doesn't mean you make a mockery of almost everything else in the film. Would all of you that love IM3 have been fine if Black had included pink elephants and circus performers in this film? What about bright neon villains and environments Joel Shumacher style? Perhaps throw in some romantic comedy elements as well?

Um, YES. Black would subvert the hell out of that shit. 

With you on Black nailing Stark's story. That's why I generally enjoyed it, despite any issues I may have. Like I said, I thought Pearce did a nice job so that helped. You're right that the plot is what it is. It gets you from point A to B to C in whatever way it can. My indifference with the goofy villains didn't really "hurt" my feelings. I just found myself spacing out during those scenes. Honestly, that stuff bored me. I liked the way they referenced the Avengers. You know they were never gonna show up, so I don't understand bemoaning the lack of other heroes. Keep the focus on Stark. These are his movies. And "why doesn't his house have radar?" I don't know, and I don't care.

I am glad other heroes did show up but I thought they could have explained SHIElD since it played a role in the first two films and the fact they mentioned Avengers in the film.
  • Like 1

I'll admit that the mansion attack sequence would have been cooler if Tony had defenses that were just OVERWHELMED. You get the same result (This Mandarin guy is terrifying!) without Tony looking like a dickless moron...but that scene was the least of my worries so it didn't bother me all that much.

• Like 1

I am the only who did care for the kid in the film.

I love the kid. He's so adorable  :wub:  :wub: My first thought after watching the film is I wanna adopt that kid  :lol:

Um, YES. Black would subvert the hell out of that shit. 

Ah okay, got it. So you clearly didn't care at all about this being a good Iron Man film. You mostly just wanted to see RDJ being RDJ, and having as much Shane Black gags and one-liners as possible.

I cared about it being a good movie and I got one with plenty of action, humor and heart. We obviously saw different things here. Neither one of us is 'right,' so I'd just get over it if I were you. 

• Like 7

I cared about it being a good movie and I got one with plenty of action, humor and heart. We obviously saw different things here. Neither one of us is 'right,' so I'd just get over it if I were you. 

It was a good movie yes, if you pretend that it was a buddy comedy film and not an Iron Man film. As an Iron Man film it was a big dissapointment. I have nothing to get over, and yes we may as well move on.

Man, you're such a snob douche. 

• Like 2