Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

It was a good movie yes, if you pretend that it was a buddy comedy film and not an Iron Man film. As an Iron Man film it was a big dissapointment. I have nothing to get over, and yes we may as well move on.

I'm with you ACCA, but we all have different opinions.  It's all subjective.  :)

And I agree with you.  But it has been going on at the forums since 2008 (at mojo) starting with films like Twilight and Transformers 2.  It comes with the territory.

Funny thing about the 8 year old business...most of the eight year olds in the screening I saw were bored shitless. Too many chatty adults walking around on the screen and not enough HOT ROD RED AND GOLD!

• Like 1

This is definitely not going to hold up to scrutiny as well as IM1 has over the last 5 years. You guys bring up a good point about the shared universe and SHIELD. Makes no damn sense for SHIELD to not be involved in the plot of this film, except for the fact that they need an excuse to keep making solo movies for box office purposes in between the release of Avengers movies. Thor is probably the one hero of the group that will work well for sequels because you can just take him to another world where SHIELD isn't a government agency in charge of protecting the people of the United States.

• Like 1

For all we know we'll find out in the S.H.I.E.L.D show or CA2 why they couldn't intervene. Maybe it's like Phase 1 and all these movies are taking place around the same time? That makes sense considering there's apparently some really shady stuff going on with S.H.I.E.L.D in CA2.

Edited by Floppit Floppeeeddd

For all we know we'll find out in the S.H.I.E.L.D show or CA2 why they couldn't intervene. Maybe it's like Phase 1 and all these movies are taking place around the same time? That makes sense considering there's apparently some really shady stuff going on with S.H.I.E.L.D in CA2.

But that is still last writing. Go see this movie to see why SHIELD was not involved.

If the movie can't stand on its own, then that seems similar to the issues with IM2 where people complained that it was basically just a vehicle to set up an Avengers movie.

• Like 1

If the movie can't stand on its own, then that seems similar to the issues with IM2 where people complained that it was basically just a vehicle to set up an Avengers movie.

Agreed I have no plans to see Captain America 2. So I will not know what happened. Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

I will see CA2 for sure. But the Phase 1 movies were all able to stand on their own (except IM2).

Yeah but that was BEFORE The Avengers. But I agree that SHIELD should have been involved when the President was. But even that is problematic now that Coulson is 'dead'. No one else would have been instantly recognizable so maybe they didn't want to waste the screen time establishing another 'face of SHIELD'. (Of course this could have been a good chance to tie in with the TV show).But since the movie seemed to take place over a relatively short period of time it might have been enough to make some of the agents on Air Force 1 members of SHIELD. And making Tony less of a wuss would have explained why he didn't call in any of his super friends. It's not like every comic is a cross over once two character meet.
  • Like 1

Didn't they mention SHIELD? I loved the fact Tony was on his own. If help could just arrive at any moment, where's the fun in that?

I liked it was only iron man but they should said why SHIELD did not help. They made references to The Avengers in the film. A terrorist was attacking America and agency that suppose to help America does not do anything or is never mentioned.

I liked it was only iron man but they should said why SHIELD did not help. They made references to The Avengers in the film. A terrorist was attacking America and agency that suppose to help America does not do anything or is never mentioned.

They had Iron Patriot on the job. Jarvis mentioned they pulled files from SHIELD. I'm not sure what else they could've done there.

Personally, I never gave it a thought (just like Stark's no-defense house).

• Like 1

They had Iron Patriot on the job. Jarvis mentioned they pulled files from SHIELD. I'm not sure what else they could've done there.

Personally, I never gave it a thought (just like Stark's no-defense house).

Hmmm...the second one is interesting. On one hand the guy has a house valued at $115m with state of the art technology all over it, but he couldn't come up with a missile defense system even though he's a weapons manufacturer (or used to be)? At the same time, it certainly isn't the first time we've seen a rich, smart superhero get his house trashed by the villain (Batman Forever, X2: X-Men United, Batman Begins). I tend to just write it off as a part of the genre.

• Like 1

I didn't really get worked up in the S.H.I.E.L.D thing because I think it's implied that they only get involved in serious, mystical situations that threaten the safety of the entire Earth. Otherwise, you have to start questioning why they didn't intervene after 9/11 or during Iraq and stuff. They aren't really supposed to defend against terrorist attacks- that's not their jobs. Also, they house defense thing wasn't too big an issue- it's just something that happened in a superhero movie, and it was actually a highlight of an otherwise disappointing movie. 

• Like 2

They had Iron Patriot on the job. Jarvis mentioned they pulled files from SHIELD. I'm not sure what else they could've done there. Personally, I never gave it a thought (just like Stark's no-defense house).

It not a big deal as the fire breathing stuff that was just stupid.
  • Like 3