Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Over 70M next weekend?Gatsby is setup to be this years Dark Shadows box office wise.

Thats a 60% drop with a 175M OW, to big. Should be at 80M-85M next weekend (175M OW).

I'm not surprised by the number. Disney has done a brilliant job turning Marvel into one of their family brands. So the movies will perform less like frontloaded fanboy driven vehicles and more like blockbusters with universal appeal.

Thor will open to $130 million minimum. There's no stopping Marvel at this point.

Thats a 60% drop with a 175M OW, to big. Should be at 80M-85M next weekend (175M OW).

I don't think it will hold that well. We will see.

Friday night: '150m is in doubt, this is doing what Iron Man 2 did + 3D. FLOP MAN'

Today: 'Dat Avengers effect'  B)

I consider myself a teacher so I`ll enlighten you about what happened on Friday. Shay bribed Gitesh with $30,000 to post devastating low-balled Friday number in order to discredit the Floppit Trilogy Slayer and bring pain and misery upon our savior BKB and the faithful. That worked for about two hours until our other savior disclosed real numbers. Now Shay is reduced to a stark raving mad loon and Gitesh is silent like a lamb.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

86mil second weekend. See it finishing at 440-465 DOM. Unless its weekday legs are like Spidey 3 (which i doubt) rather than Avengers. 

I didn't enjoy this movie too much but I'm so glad TA is going to affect Thor in a BIG way! I believe  :worthy:

86mil second weekend. See it finishing at 440-465 DOM. Unless its weekday legs are like Spidey 3 (which i doubt) rather than Avengers. 

I didn't enjoy this movie too much but I'm so glad TA is going to affect Thor in a BIG way! I believe  :worthy:

So do I.

• Like 1

thats a bit too high. 440 DOM? most predictions were 350-375dom 1 month ago. the movie is out and its nothing spectacular.

i don't think thor 2 looks like a blockbuster..

Edited by Halba

Keep hoping for IM3 to win, little fishNUT! :) The minute it does, I'm getting $ 30 000 - and you, BKB and the others are getting nutting.

Those 30,000 that you gave Gitesh? OK. Lets see if he gives it back or pretends he never took them.

thats a bit too high. 440 DOM? most predictions were 350-375dom 1 month ago. the movie is out and its nothing spectacular.

HELLO. It's opening to 180m. Even with Spiderman 3 legs it gets 410m, and IM3 is awesome, while SM3 is appalling.

• Like 1

This isnt harry potter. I'm one of the guys who is usually cautious , but credit where credit is due. 

Star Trek could hinder the legs abit but not by much