Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

• Founder / Operator

I can't fucking wait for MOS. That's really atypical for me because I think Superman is corny as hell and I'm not usually crazy for superhero movies in general but I got a good feeling about MOS and Snyder's interpretation.

Right there with you. I've never been interested in Superman lore at all. I'm not even a big fan of the original movies. I probably had more interest in the few episodes I watched of Smallville.

• Like 4

But Elysium is not a mega blockbuster per say, its R rating puts it in a different category entirely.

Oh, I think you'll say otherwise when it opens.  ^_^

But if you're just talking about the huge fuck-off mega smashes... I can't imagine it'd be anything else except Man of Steel.

I think so....perhaps more.

I'm beginning to believe, too.

I am saying there are different types of blockbuster, budget wise and success wise.Elysium is not Iron Man 3, MOS or Star Trek Into Darkness, budget wise.

Oh I agree anyone thinking it'll reach that is bonkers, but I think 150-200 is doable.

Encouraging to see that the 6:30 and 9:45 IMAX shows at Lincoln Square are already sold out. Even the 1 am is around 40% full at the moment.

In headed to the 9:45!

Right there with you. I've never been interested in Superman lore at all. I'm not even a big fan of the original movies. I probably had more interest in the few episodes I watched of Smallville.

I gave you a like with one caveat. Smallville absolutely sucks. Especially when your damn room mate watches all 10 seasons in a row day in and day out for 2 fucking months. I'm still sour about that tv show. First few episodes eh it was alright and I may have even liked it, but 10 fucking seasons in a row has made me loathe the series with a fiery passion.
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

I gave you a like with one caveat. Smallville absolutely sucks. Especially when your damn room mate watches all 10 seasons in a row day in and day out for 2 fucking months. I'm still sour about that tv show. First few episodes eh it was alright and I may have even liked it, but 10 fucking seasons in a row has made me loathe the series with a fiery passion.

:rofl:

What other films this summer constitute sleepers?

I think The Heat qualifies.

What other films this summer constitute sleepers?

The Heat and Grown Ups 2. Especially the latter. I haven't even heard a peep about it yet trailer views are extremely high and the trailer is extremely funny. I expect it to hit 200m.

Do you consider Smallville the cure for insomnia that Returns was?

• Founder / Operator

The Heat, yes.

There's also Now You See Me, with its premise and cast.

I'm really looking forward to NYSM, but that After Earth move has me worried now about the former's breakout chances. In the same breath, I could see NYSE pulling a major upset and win the weekend. Highly unlikely, but, after two sci-fi-ish movies in May (Trek and IM3 to a lesser extent) plus Oblivion, I don't know if audiences will really be in the mood for another one. Smith or not.

Between the teaser and the two full length trailers, I think MOS might have the best collection of trailers for any blockbuster I can remember. I don't think any one of them is the absolute best of all time, but all three are absolutely incredible. I never thought I could be so excited for a Snyder directed, Cavill starring Superman movie. 

• Like 1