CloneWars

Jem and the Holograms | 10/23/2015

The first thing I thought of was the Josie and the Pussycats movie with Rachael Leigh Cook. (Which is another one of those movies that isn't really as bad as everyone seems to think it is...)

Also, I don't know why, but that pic really looks like it could have come from an actual 1980s live-action Jem movie.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 4

As long as Lisa gets to bitch-slap Minmei. 

Anyway, Jem...this is very weird to me.  I loved the show as a kid.  Had the dolls (they were oddly bigger than Barbies, IIRC).  I mean, its is very nostalgic for me.  Just...like, why?  It's a weird property to choose, but okay.  Pic looks kind of retro though.  A key-tar!

The leaked image caused Universal to officially release it

Jem-and-the-Holograms-first-look-700x538

Synopsis:

As a small-town girl catapults from underground video sensation to global superstar, she and her three sisters begin a one-in-a-million journey of discovering that some talents are too special to keep hidden. In Universal Pictures’ JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS, four aspiring musicians will take the world by storm when they see that the key to creating your own destiny lies in finding your own voice.

Gritting my teeth for when the fanboys start furiously hating on this

All while they're excitedly talking about POWER RANGERS or whatever

By that time Power Rangers will already have been delayed. That and the TMNT sequel.