Ash Skywalker

Mad Max: Fury Road OS Thread | $221.1m OS | $374.7m WW

I think Warner would have greenlighted a sequel even with 300m WW. The rave reviews and enthusiastic response plus 365-370m WW is a very good way to start the franchise. Its more impressive the 150m+ DOM than the 200m+ OS though. The sequel could potentially go way higher.

I am sorry to say, if Warner is serious about this franchise they have to downplay the rating, the explicit violence & gore may scare away some audience.

Edited by zackzack

I am sorry to say, if Warner is serious about this franchise they have to downplay the rating, the explicit violence & gore may scare away some audience.

I didnt see gore at all. In fact, the MPAA  rating fits perfectly with the film. "Intense sequences of violence throughout, and for disturbing images". Have you seen The Raid 2? Now that's crazy action and explicit violence. Mad Max could have been way more explicit.

Also the film has shown very good legs, i dont think the audience has been scared away by the violence.

Edited by picores

I didnt see gore at all. In fact, the MPAA  rating fits perfectly with the film. "Intense sequences of violence throughout, and for disturbing images". Have you seen The Raid 2? Now that's crazy action and explicit violence. Mad Max could have been way more explicit.

Also the film has shown very good legs, i dont think the audience has been scared away by the violence.

What I meant was the ...whatdoyoucallit, pervasive atmosphere of dread, violence & repulsive decay. Those cancerous lumps on the war boys look gross. Don't get me started on the umbilical cord. Having said that Charlize beautiful dome looks very sexy.

What I meant was the ...whatdoyoucallit, pervasive atmosphere of dread, violence & repulsive decay. Those cancerous lumps on the war boys look gross. Don't get me started on the umbilical cord. Having said that Charlize beautiful dome looks very sexy.

I just dont see in which way all that mattered to audience or critics. They all LOVED the film, pervasive or not. My point is that the sequel wont be affected by this things. They could keep the same tone and if the movie delivers there wont be a problem.

Edited by picores

I read that WB sold it to China for $3m.  So even if it's released in China WB isn't making much off it.

At this point they were never gonna see much revenue from China anyway, so by doing it this way they can measure performance and it'll help their decision in making a sequel and reap potential benefit in China when WB does have the ability to distribute themselves

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

$8.8m/ 3 weeks in Japan, I think Fury Road could make $15m here, and WW is $370m

In NA, Fury Road has average is $1,811 per theatre, so it's on theatre more than 10 weeks.

Japan could have done more than $20M like Korea. MMFR is the closest thing to

a live action anime as an American movie could get and not as on the nose as

PacRim.

Japan could have done more than $20M like Korea. MMFR is the closest thing to

a live action anime as an American movie could get and not as on the nose as

PacRim.

Problem is nt enough male r interested to go to the movie in japan. Female r the majority of the audience there.

What do the young males do in Japan on weekends?

young japanese males seem they just lost interests going to the movie. Well the recent japan boxoffice's shown that other than animation,the only movies that did well are cinderella and maleficent. Maybe avengers 2 , JW and M:I 5 will do ok but i wouldnt expect too much frm japan. Edited by Andy001