Olive

Release Dates Discussion | Avengers Endgame 2019

4 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Homecoming - Sep.8

War for the Planet of the Apes - Sep.15

What are your projections for each?

I am hoping Homecoming does 120 considering GOTG2 did 90+ (or is it 95?) and Spidey is a bigger name, not to mention IM. I initially had it at 130-135 but removing some due to competition from Apes in 2nd weekend.

Hoping Apes does 90-95: Dawn did 107+, and 80-85 would be a 20-25% drop. But considering the growth of Chinese market, increasing to 90-95. Was hoping for 100-110 but Spiderman is competition.

Edited by a2knet

13 minutes ago, a2knet said:

What are your projections for each?

I am hoping Homecoming does 120 considering GOTG2 did 90+ (or is it 95?) and Spidey is a bigger name, not to mention IM. I initially had it at 130-135 but removing some due to competition from Apes in 2nd weekend.

Hoping Apes does 90-95: Dawn did 107+, and 80-85 would be a 20-25% drop. But considering the growth of Chinese market, increasing to 90-95. Was hoping for 100-110 but Spiderman is competition.

War for The Planet under Dawn of The Planet(¥708m=$105m today ER)

Dunkirk under Hacksaw Ridge(¥421m=$62.4m)

Spider-Man Homecoming around $100m=¥676m

6 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

War for The Planet under Dawn of The Planet(¥708m=$105m today ER)

Dunkirk under Hacksaw Ridge(¥421m=$62.4m)

Spider-Man Homecoming around $100m=¥676m

That would be solid for War imo. Makes 400+ OS very likely if China does 100+.

Good for Dunkirk.

Bad for SM imo...SM and IM are the biggest SHs bo wise globally (if you look at all the SMs and IMs).

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

That would be solid for War imo. Makes 400+ OS very likely if China does 100+.

Good for Dunkirk.

Bad for SM imo...SM and IM are the biggest SHs bo wise globally (if you look at all the SMs and IMs).

I think that Homecomng will be higher. Around 800 mill is my guess

• Like 1

On 2017/7/28 at 6:49 AM, BenedictL11 said:

I'm new to China Box Office. Any predictions on how Baby Driver will do? I'm hoping it will be around $35M USD.

Too high, I think $20M is more reasonable

"(SARFT) [said] that it would selectively ban entertainment shows in order to “better welcome the major propaganda period of the 19th Party Congress” and “uphold a strong and comprehensive political view.” SARFT requires all TV stations to broadcast propaganda during primetime in the run up to the congress, including anti-Japanese war films and other movies intended to reinforce the patriotic education of Chinese citizens"  https://thediplomat.com/2017/09/china-shuts-down-multiple-tv-programs-before-19th-party-congress/   

Sounds like no Hollywood titles until mid/late October. 

2 hours ago, Somoset said:

"(SARFT) [said] that it would selectively ban entertainment shows in order to “better welcome the major propaganda period of the 19th Party Congress” and “uphold a strong and comprehensive political view.” SARFT requires all TV stations to broadcast propaganda during primetime in the run up to the congress, including anti-Japanese war films and other movies intended to reinforce the patriotic education of Chinese citizens"  https://thediplomat.com/2017/09/china-shuts-down-multiple-tv-programs-before-19th-party-congress/   

This is nothing new...also this seems to be related to television programs, not theatrical releases.

6 hours ago, Somoset said:

Prisident Eleven may announce he will be the first king of PROC in 19th Party Congress.

• Haha 1