Release Dates Discussion | Avengers Endgame 2019

54 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Fake.

10 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

You don’t understand who you were talking with

Exactly, @ Firepower you do not know who you talk to
Edited by abra

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Is Dangal releasing on May 5th? I think it can have a really good run in China. It stresses a lot on Family and is feel good throughout.

But not a good release date.

It did great in Taiwan, beat the crap out of hollywood movies such as GITS and Boss baby

As for Alien 5, I heard that FOX tried three times to pass censorship but failed, if it don't have a release date in two weeks, it's completely dead.

2 hours ago, abra said:

Exactly, @ Firepower you do not know who you talk to

And who I talk to?

It would be a dumb move from Fox to announce date there without making sure it passed dumb censorship. And even if it didn't, I'm sure they can figure it out if they want to. They sent a crap version of Logan without violence, so they can probably do the same here. Heavily censored or not, it won't affect China box office. If Fox wants more money, they will do it.

Edited by Firepower

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

And who I talk to?

It would be a dumb move from Fox to announce date there without making sure it passed dumb censorship. And even if it didn't, I'm sure they can figure it out if they want to. They sent a crap version of Logan without violence, so they can probably do the same here. Heavily censored or not, it won't affect China box office. If Fox wants more money, they will do it.

Why, what can they loose ?

Logan was not made by Ridley Scott and is production company, the studio probably had total control to do what they wanted with the cuts.

Hail SARFT! ! ! Pirates 5 will open on May.26.

May.26 - opening day

May.27 - workday

May.28 - holiday(Dragon Boat Festival)

May.29 - holiday(Dragon Boat Festival)

May.30 - holiday(Dragon Boat Festival)

May.31 - workday

Jun.1  -  workday(Children’s day and help on box office)

Jun.2-4 - weekend...

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Olive said:

But not a good release date.

It did great in Taiwan, beat the crap out of hollywood movies such as GITS and Boss baby

As for Alien 5, I heard that FOX tried three times to pass censorship but failed, if it don't have a release date in two weeks, it's completely dead.

I will take this as a good sign. It means that Alien: Covenant will be seriously graphic. 

Then again, it will be bad for its BO. 

13 hours ago, Barnack said:

Why, what can they loose ?

I've heard they started marketing there, so it would be pretty dumb.

13 hours ago, Barnack said:

Logan was not made by Ridley Scott and is production company, the studio probably had total control to do what they wanted with the cuts.

And what's the difference?! Alien: Covenant is fully financed by 20th Century Fox(who also owns the franchise) and their partners as well as Logan, so they have full control and can do whatever they want with it, not matter if Ridley likes it or not. But I don't think he cares about Chinese cut, it's not even a subject to discuss.

Edited by Firepower

4 hours ago, Firepower said:

I've heard they started marketing there, so it would be pretty dumb.

And what's the difference?! Alien: Covenant is fully financed by 20th Century Fox(who also owns the franchise) and their partners as well as Logan, so they have full control and can do whatever they want with it, not matter if Ridley likes it or not. But I don't think he cares about Chinese cut, it's not even a subject to discuss.

You think Ridley Scott do not have final cuts on a movie like this one, I really doubt that but you could be right he often did not have it in the past, it is rare studio have full control over a movie with a big name director with a recent excellent box office track record and co-produced by his company with him has producer on it. 

It could be true that he do not care about China and airlines cuts and let them do what they want with those.

One big difference between a Logan and a Aliens, Logan is really easy to cut to a pg-13 version, it just a bit of ponctual gore that you can remove, an horror movie can have general tone issue that cannot be fix.

5 hours ago, Barnack said:

You think Ridley Scott do not have final cuts on a movie like this one.

He once said he has final cut on everything, but he's very loyal to producers/studio because he respects that they give him money on movies, so he changes things if they request something to be changed in the movie. It's like he has final cut, but doesn't use it.

5 hours ago, Barnack said:

One big difference between a Logan and a Aliens, Logan is really easy to cut to a pg-13 version.

Don't agree here. Logan is also very dark and depressing in tone, with very hard R-rating. It's very violent, gory, with a lot of bad language and there's also a kind of horror scene too. The same thing with Alien, even if they are completely different movies, but they both have R rating for a reason.

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Language once you translate in a other language is easy to "fix", it is very violent and gory, but that it is easy to remove the violence is short, (13 minute sound more than enough to remove anything R in it).

I think the same thing could be applied on Alien.