chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

SOTM/BOTM updates:

SOTM 1:

1. King Arthur - $67M

2. Lowriders - $15.3M

3. Snatched - $85M

4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid - $32M

5. Everything Everything - $26M

King Arthur is locked to be lower, but it'll gross high enough to get over the halfway mark.

Lowriders is obviously going to be lower and will more than likely be half; it's nearly impossible for it to hit 7.65M.

Snatched is locked to be lower and stands a decent chance at half. It's 9M away from the halfway mark, but it could be in for a bad hold this weekend.

Wimpy Kid is locked to be lower because there's no way it's doing a 4x+. Memorial Day basically assures that it'll pass the halfway mark.

Everything, Everything is almost definitely going to end up higher.

As for the unreleased films, who knows. Captain Underpants might be this summer's NYSM2 in that it'll finish right at the O/U mark. As for me, I already have 40k points from this :jeb!: 

BOTM 1 (GOTG multis):

1) Less than 2.25

2) 2.25-2.35

3) 2.36-2.44

4) 2.45-2.55

5) 2.56-2.65

6) 2.66-2.75

7) More than 2.76

8) Any multiplier above 2.50

Right now it's at a 2.08x. After a 24M or so this weekend (4 day) and another 10M from weekdays, it'll be at a 2.31x. It'll finish anywhere from 360-380M IMO. Anyone who chose 1, 2, 3, 6, or 7 is screwed and will lose a bunch of points. For the remaining options, the ranges are 358.9-373.6M and 375-388.2M; it'll hit a 2.5x at 366.25M. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, chasmmi said:

Right folks am all set to do some scori....

Oh...

It's like that is it JJ?

:) you snooze you lose or 

its like that and that's the way it is

:insane:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

SOTM/BOTM updates:

SOTM 1:

1. King Arthur - $67M

2. Lowriders - $15.3M

3. Snatched - $85M

4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid - $32M

5. Everything Everything - $26M

King Arthur is locked to be lower, but it'll gross high enough to get over the halfway mark.

Lowriders is obviously going to be lower and will more than likely be half; it's nearly impossible for it to hit 7.65M.

In regards to Lowriders, at the time of the due date, bo.com had it at 1,500 theaters.  Also, various other websites had it listed as wide release.  Then after the due date, its estimate was like 275 theaters...

I wrote something else, but then edited it out.  It would complicate the game too much

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 1

Imho.... and it's not my game so obviously I have no say in this but I don't think anything should be changed when it comes to bahlubali. It took them until Wednesday to report the movie and we do scores and standings on Monday and Tuesday. It's like when I run a hockey pool. I do the statistics on Monday for the previous week. If the NHL decides to award somebody an extra assist three days after the fact I can't go back and change the statistics from last week. I kind of think that's how it should be this time around as well. But again it's not my game it's just my opinion.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

In this week, when pirates and baywatch opening is asked, is it for 3 days?

Chas will always specify. Look at the very top of the question or just read the question and its entirety. It's definitely listed there as three day only.

• Like 1

I've been really busy this week so my all my predictions for the Summer Game/Derby/Survivor have been done on the train ride home. Basically everything is a total guess for all of them. Lets see how it gooooes.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

My week fou4 questions might be a disaster. I went fairly optimistic with both Pirates of the Caribbean and Baywatch thinking they would both get past their respective numbers.