23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

It's basically Amityville Horror 1 and 2 but not nearly as good.  The build up is slow as molasses and when the stuff finally happens none of it is explained, none of it makes a lot of sense and the script it as stupid as an Asylum film.

It's basically Amityville Horror 1 and 2 but not nearly as good. The build up is slow as molasses and when the stuff finally happens none of it is explained, none of it makes a lot of sense and the script it as stupid as an Asylum film.

Wow, I may skip this until cable then

There's a great scene in the beginning that had me encouraged.  And this is where the main character shows how much research she did into the mirror.  It was fascinating and she told it perfectly.  Had me interested.  And then it just falls apart from there.  They never even really show why or how anyone would possibly think the mirror has anything to do with what is happening.  I just found it lazy, completely contrived (and that's fine, horror has all been done before but if you are going to tell the same story as another film at least make it compelling) and not scary or believable in the least.

• Like 2

• Community Manager

B+

The film was pretty good. The acting was superb, the writing was pretty good, and the editing in the movie was phenomenal (and funny talking about editing after meeting with an editor for lunch....). It might have gone a little crazy with how powerful the mirror was and the premise remained incredibly silly but the reason it stops it from being an "A-" film is because it was never actually scary.

Still, the film was enjoyable and I'd recommend checking it out.

• Like 2

B+

The film was pretty good. The acting was superb, the writing was pretty good, and the editing in the movie was phenomenal (and funny talking about editing after meeting with an editor for lunch....). It might have gone a little crazy with how powerful the mirror was and the premise remained incredibly silly but the reason it stops it from being an "A-" film is because it was never actually scary.

Still, the film was enjoyable and I'd recommend checking it out.

This is almost exactly how I feel about the film.  Writing and acting were the best I've seen in a 'horror' in recent memory.  The trouble is that it is a thriller at best.  Very, very few scares and more just a creepy atmosphere.

Also, the girl in this was absolutely gorgeous.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 2

Karen Gillian slayed.

I oddly rooted for her, but from the beginning, I knew she wouldn't survive the second time.

The movie was great. I thought the movie was tense, and I enjoyed the buildup.

One thing annoyed me. Did the hella attractive fiance really die? Because I need him in me.

Acting was great. The problem I had with movie was that the film wasn't scary and was predictable.

I'm giving the movie an A, but I might settle the score back down to a B.

Edited by Claire Nolan Holt
  • Like 4

what a huge missed opportunity. It had great acting, a fresh premise and a really good directing, but at the end of it you feel like you've watched just a bunch of random tricks, no real story and a terribly generic/uninspired paid off. 55/100

• Like 2

This was essentially a story of suicidal people finding the end that they were looking for.

It was dumb and predictable.

I agree with the previous poster: it could have been good, but the plot was really weak and it ruined the movie. 

Edited by Romet6

I enjoyed it. Very good build up and great editing with the present and past scenes. The ending was good but it came pretty abruptly. It wasn't very scary but i liked how it was put together.

B

Edited by Omario