The Neverending Story

11 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Neverending Story

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The book was wonderful. They had neither the budget nor the talent nor the script to do justice to the book. Just thinking what Miyazaki (just an example) could have made out of this material makes me sad.I visited the Bavaria Studios in the late 80s where they showed us the sets and props for "Enemy Mine", "Neverending Story" and the sub from "Das Boot"; they were quite proud of their work on "Neverending Story" too but it really looked cheap even then. Today this film looks like a TV show.

I never read the book, but I do enjoy the movie for what it was. I enjoyed it a bit more when they played it on regular tv once and added a scene or 2 back into the film that made the ending make a bit more sense. I have to admit, even if it is nostalgia, I still enjoy it.

B+

The book was wonderful. They had neither the budget nor the talent nor the script to do justice to the book. Just thinking what Miyazaki (just an example) could have made out of this material makes me sad.I visited the Bavaria Studios in the late 80s where they showed us the sets and props for "Enemy Mine", "Neverending Story" and the sub from "Das Boot"; they were quite proud of their work on "Neverending Story" too but it really looked cheap even then. Today this film looks like a TV show.

I'm just getting the impression that you lost your imagination and magic in your life somewhere along the line, so you forgot how to watch movies like these with an open and carefree mind.Another A from me.

This film was also very important to my childhood. I always got this haunting feeling from it (in a good way) and it still emotionally resonates for me as an adult. (Especially the music - just thinking about the Ivory Tower theme or the flying music gives me goosebumps.)I watched a lot of crap as a kid (including both the sequels - II is mediocre, and III is a travesty, yet for some reason I liked both as a kid) but I'm grateful to have also watched movies like this which stayed with me when I got older.A

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2