Water Bottle

Game of Thrones (BOOK + TV) WARNING: SPOILERS [NO LEAKED EPISODE SPOILERS]

Well I'm sure the dragons will play some kind of a part in defeating the Others in the end. Dany & the other two heads of the dragon. Whomever they may be.

How the dragons will shape up is a very interesting prospect. I fully expect Euron to claim one via Victarion the Hater of Monkeys' Dragon Horn. The question then becomes whether that dragon will die, or get taken by someone else. I have a hunch Bran will warg a dragon, possibly the one Euron steals.

Drogon is named after Khal Drogo and is expected to become a huge dragon like the one Aegon the Conqueror had. 

Then there is Rhaegal who is named after Dany's dead brother Rahegar/

Then there is Viserion named after Dany's other dead brother Visery's 

Yeah, at about the point the epic rainstorm hit and Sandor was telling Arya they'd be going to her uncle's "bloody wedding." I knew some bad shit was going to go down.

I just didn't expect 2 main characters and half of the Northern Lords to get iced and most of the Northern army to get slaughtered in the span of a dozen pages.

Luckily Episode 10 should have some silver linings for non-readers with Dany freeing all the slaves of Yunkai, Jon getting back to the Night's Watch.

Edited by 4815162342

And, if they put it in this season, Beric sacrificing himself to bring about UnCat. Though I kinda hope they don't do that so quick after the RW. But, I could see the very last shot being Cat's eyes opening.ETA: I had gotten semi-spoiled by some douchebag on YouTube so the shock was lost for me when I got around to reading it.

Edited by House Cozmees of Everdeen

Some thoughts on Ep 8:

They combined the Stormcrows and Second Sons together. I guess this means no Brown Ben Plumm.

The leech scene was handled very well with one notable difference. Robb Stark's name was said first in the show, whereas in the book it is Balon Greyjoy first and Robb second I believe. So this means Balon will either die in the final episode of this season or very early in Season 4 since Robb now goes first next episode.

You know, I don't even bother reading Westeros's episode recaps. That guy thinks way too highly of himself and his "analysis" just comes off as snooty. WinterIsComing.net is so much more palatable.

Edited by House Cozmees of Everdeen

The Westeros admins think their vision of what the show should be like is paramount since unlike us plebians they have had access to Martin's material for tasks such as fact-checking, making sure family/place names are done correct, etc. They are as purist as one could get.

Speaking of purists, a number have already started bitching about Sansa kneeling for Tyrion at the wedding.

Yeah, I saw that. I almost wish those people would just not watch the show. Do us all a favor and stay away. The concept of an "adaptation" is completely lost upon them. Obviously they were trying to keep up sympathy for Sansa and her refusing to kneel to help Tyrion would just have come off as bitchy on screen. Being bitchy to the beloved Dinklage is a no-no for show watchers.

The Westeros admins think their vision of what the show should be like is paramount since unlike us plebians they have had access to Martin's material for tasks such as fact-checking, making sure family/place names are done correct, etc. They are as purist as one could get. Speaking of purists, a number have already started bitching about Sansa kneeling for Tyrion at the wedding.

Hasn't the guy who runs one of those sites already had full access to the next book?

Hasn't the guy who runs one of those sites already had full access to the next book?

You're talking about Elio. He doesn't have full access but I believe Martin sends him some of the book once it's wrapped in order to do all the fact/name checking. There was a post in the book forum I made that linked to an interview where he says that an upcoming chapter in the sixth book would be controversial. I won't say who the chapter belongs to since it's an unfinished book way in the future TV-wise too, but it should be within the last page or two of the ASOIAF book thread.

Is Benjen Stark speculated to be coldhands?

Yes that's a popular theory but I don't really think we'll ever learn who coldhands is since it's not a burning mystery and some stuff left unknown is good if done right.

The tree with the face & the red leaves was just a weirwood tree.  The same kind that's in the Godswood at Winterfell (where Ned & the kids went to worship the Old Gods.)  All Weirwood trees have those faces on them.  The crows you should probably see an explanation for either in the last two episodes of this season, or early in season 4.

Major differences from the book to that ep?  Hmmm... let me think.

In the books Daario is the captain of his own sellsword company, the Stormcrows, as opposed to being part of the Second Sons. Oh and in the book Ser Barristan is the one that kills Mero, not Daario.  Daario is also much more obnoxious & slimy in writing.

Another one is that, bookwise, Sansa refused to kneel down to help Tyrion when he had to put on her cloak.  Even though he had never been cruel to her, she is much less accepting of the marriage in the book.  And the "bedding (or lack thereof)" is much more creepy.

Sam kills the White Walker much earlier in the book, while he was still with the Night's Watch guys and before he ran off with Gilly.  As a result, they started calling him "Sam the Slayer."

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are more.  Or numbers will think of them first, lol.