Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

True.  But do you think it's more family friendly than IM2? Do you?  Do you really?  I think people are just making excuses for some bad weekday numbers lol.

And sequels tend to be more fronloaded than their predecessors. This is kind of common knowledge....isn't it? IM3 dropping less than IM2 would be very unusual.

No I think it was because of the big Saturday increase people were calling it family friendly. Also, there was an article posted in the weekend thread that families made up a big part of the weekend audience.

What about the Tuesday increase? If the WOM was bad or similar to IM2 why did it increase at all. Like I said, this Friday number is very interesting. I think we'll see 150% jump while some are thinking along TA at 130%, I'm genuinely interested in how it behaves.  

Discount Tuesdays are much bigger than they were when IM2 was released....even compared to last year they've seen a huge increase in popularity. The Tue increase is a promising sign, but the Wed drop of nearly 30% is equally as alarming. 

I think it's better to compare Wed to Monday and disregard Tue altogether when trying to predict legs....

IM3's Wed retained 72% of its Mon gross

compared to 74.2% for IM2 and 72.02% for TA....

This would suggest a larger weekend decrease than IM2, possibly as high as 65%.

Edited by Mr Potter

The best case scenerio:

8.1M Wed

7.7M Thurs (-5%)

19.25 (+150%)

28.875 (+50%)

20.2 (-30%)

68.325M

Definitely not the best case scenario. 

Edited by druv10

Thurs - $8m

Fri - $21.28m (+166%)

Sat - $29.36m (+38%)

Sun - $19.67m (-33%)

$70.31m

That's perfectly possible.

Okay and so is this if it follows TA (which was more family friendly and better liked):

Thurs 7.4M (-9%)

Fri 17.4 (+135%)

Sat 25.56 (+45%)

Sun 17.9 (-30%)

60.86M

Edited by CEDAR
  • Like 1

I don't see a second weekend number with a "7" in front of it. Maybe a "7" for the second digit... 67 M.

You must not know The Avengers effect works on the weekends!
  • Like 1

Now, what are the odds of Gatsby winning on Friday? If midnights are good, and this movie is as big as some folks are predicting, I could see it happening.

That would be LOLworthy. 

Okay and so is this if it follows TA (which was more family friendly and better liked):

Thurs 7.4M (-9%)

Fri 17.4 (+135%)

Sat 25.56 (+45%)

Sun 17.9 (-30%)

60.86M

With a Friday jump that low, the Sat jump would be well over 50%, I think. We already have one instance of IM3 substantially over-performing on Saturday.

• Like 1

Now, what are the odds of Gatsby winning on Friday? If midnights are good, and this movie is as big as some folks are predicting, I could see it happening.

Oh. My. God. This place would be hilarious. The meltdowns would be glorious. This thread would live on forever. :lol:

Nobody is making predictions for Gatsby.  I'm wondering if 5m is possible for midnights?