lilmac

Avatar's box-office revisited on Youtube

I never thought the fun and excitement that came with tracking Titanic's run on boxoffice forums could be matched.  Then came Avatar.

I actually thought it was impossible for a film to even have a run like that anymore in this day and age, i mean 10x legs off a 77 million opening?, really?.

I actually thought it was impossible for a film to even have a run like that anymore in this day and age, i mean 10x legs off a 77 million opening?, really?.

Believe it or not, you still have people saying that it was because of the 3d.

• Like 1

They say that and fail to realise that there hasn't been a film to come anywhere close to it since whether they have had 3D or not. As for 10x legs, have we even had a blockbuster with 5x legs since Avatar?, i can't think of one at this moment. People really need to accept that the film was loved by the majority of people and its wom was amazing.

• Like 3

They say that and fail to realise that there hasn't been a film to come anywhere close to it since whether they have had 3D or not. As for 10x legs, have we even had a blockbuster with 5x legs since Avatar?, i can't think of one at this moment. People really need to accept that the film was loved by the majority of people and its wom was amazing.

What you are saying is so true and spot on, yet you will still have the smart asses-avatar haters who will come with their :

" it was all because of the 3d craze folks, Avatard was tree hugging crap lolz !!!"

Great entertainment fo' sho'.

3D doesn't explain 3AM tickets selling out or being turned away because all shows are sold out and its the movie's third weekend.