baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

What's with this Avengers is a bad movie? The movie was fucking excellent and had everything a blockbuster superhero movie should have. The source material isn't dark and brooding nor should the movie and Joss Whedon knew this. A movie doesn't have to be dark and brooding to be good.The film got critical acclaim from the GA (not the fan boys mind you) and critics.The movie had fantastic word of mouth from practically everyone that saw it.In my 34 years on Earth, I can't off the top of my head remember more than 2 or 3 movies that connected with audiences like the Avengers.

• Like 8

What's with this Avengers is a bad movie? The movie was fucking excellent and had everything a blockbuster superhero movie should have. The source material isn't dark and brooding nor should the movie and Joss Whedon knew this. A movie doesn't have to be dark and brooding to be good.The film got critical acclaim from the GA (not the fan boys mind you) and critics.The movie had fantastic word of mouth from practically everyone that saw it.In my 34 years on Earth, I can't off the top of my head remember more than 2 or 3 movies that connected with audiences like the Avengers.

Meh, it's just some bitter Nolanite.

• Like 3

I think he saw us going crazy over the BTC update so he just decided to throw us some bones  :lol:

Heh, it's always very nice of Rth to pop by in those times of panic to calm the masses down.

What's funny is the BTC numbers now look to be on the mark, and they've been consistently getting it right (roughly only +/- 2 million).

• Like 1

So was that 11m for the whole day? I wasn't even aware it was opening early, so I'll wait to pass judgement. Could be that most people outside of Trekkies were unaware of the early release.Regardless, 11m OD for a sequel coming off a well-received reboot is underwhelming.

WTF, Matt? Is this statement a fact or something?

Is this the first time RTH has been completely wrong? Not that I deny his awe-aspiring power, of course...

I contribute it to the posters that saw him online at like 8pm and demanded some numbers.  Being awesome, he gave them something.

I think he should just wait until midnight at the earliest to give us anything.  People need to be patient!

Heh, it's always very nice of Rth to pop by in those times of panic to calm the masses down.

What's funny is the BTC numbers now look to be on the mark, and they've been consistently getting it right (roughly only +/- 2 million).

Yeah, BTC has been on a roll these past months, dead on money way more often than not. That's why their update yesterday had me worry. And it looks like they're gonna be right this time too.

According to Whedon, the insertion of "mewling quim" into a PG-13 movie is his greatest achievement from TA  :lol:

It might be one of the greatest achievements in cinematic history. He fooled the MPAA, Disney, and almost every family. That Whedon is a slick one.

Yeah, not every day calling someone a

whiny ----

gets through.

edit: it got bleeped, but the c-word, yeah.

Edited by Orestes

I contribute it to the posters that saw him online at like 8pm and demanded some numbers.  Being awesome, he gave them something.

I think he should just wait until midnight at the earliest to give us anything.  People need to be patient!

He gave the numbers with the caveat that the numbers all depended on later shows.  So obviously later shows came in lower than predicted.

He gave the numbers with the caveat that the numbers all depended on later shows.  So obviously later shows came in lower than predicted.

That is true, but if people weren't going nuts for numbers would he have posted them that early?

That is true, but if people weren't going nuts for numbers would he have posted them that early?

You are right. People were sad from the midnight/preview number.