theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Lol, sorry I never got to see this "Kal-El" fellow. He sounds epicly nuts.

I am a super longtime lurker who finally bothered to register an account last summer, but I checked out BOM and the forum all the time. Kal is by far the most memorable poster that really stood out on that forum.

He would go on and on about how Superman had a hundred million fans just waiting to see the movie, and just about all of his movie predictions were super huge ranges so he could never get anything wrong. (For example, I'm sure his STID prediction would've been something like 240-390M.)

He was memorable but annoying as hell. (Because he was wrong about so many things.)

Is there any site where you can check the midnight numbers for the blockbusters released this year??

And what did STID do on midnight??

Thx.

It broke down to $2M from imax early shows and $1.25M from the actual wide midnight release.

• Like 1

Predictions-what film will Paramount move to the last moment next?

Puss in Boots did the same also remember?

Yea and it droped 3% the following weekend as well. Crazy stratagies these studios have.

From HSX:

Going to be bump, if not a significant bump for TREK2 on Saturday 
Posted by: nilephelan on May 17, 23:45

I'm looking at numbers right now and multiple theaters in my chain are going to be very strong for Saturday, much stronger than Friday from what it looks like right now.  

Matinees are filling up or full already across the board and Evening shows are mostly sold out at this point.  I think it is going to make it to $100 million for the 4 day.  

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 4

I am a super longtime lurker who finally bothered to register an account last summer, but I checked out BOM and the forum all the time. Kal is by far the most memorable poster that really stood out on that forum.

He would go on and on about how Superman had a hundred million fans just waiting to see the movie, and just about all of his movie predictions were super huge ranges so he could never get anything wrong. (For example, I'm sure his STID prediction would've been something like 240-390M.)

He was memorable but annoying as hell. (Because he was wrong about so many things.)

He got Avatar right.

From HSX:

I'm looking at numbers right now and multiple theaters in my chain are going to be very strong for Saturday, much stronger than Friday from what it looks like right now.  

Matinees are filling up or full already across the board and Evening shows are mostly sold out at this point.  I think it is going to make it to $100 million for the 4 day.  

Posted Image

• Like 1

From HSX:

Some good news :)

From HSX:

In work tomorrow, after the hilarity and entertainment this thread has provided me causing me to I'm looking forward to sitting on this site on work, even if it doesn't do so well :D

From HSX:

That's okay, but even with the most generous multiplier one can reasonably give it STD isn't going to come near any of the overly-optimistic predictions made here. And it's not going to get a generous multiplier, not with FF6 and THIII waiting in the wings to cut its legs off like Leatherface on a bender. 

That's okay, but even with the most generous multiplier one can reasonably give it STD isn't going to come near any of the overly-optimistic predictions made here. And it's not going to get a generous multiplier, not with FF6 and THIII waiting in the wings to cut its legs off like Leatherface on a bender. 

What overly optimistic predictions do you mean? If it gets around 110m for the 4 day it will come within spitting distance of or pass 300, which is where most of us pegged it.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

From HSX:

How the HELL do they know the Saturday numbers already? It's still Friday night!! :ph34r: