theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

I think Fishnets thinks that Cumberbatch becoming a big star would mean big numbers for the Desolation of Smaug. I hated the first Hobbit, too, but Cumberbatch was awesome in STID. 

I`m absolutely thrilled that he hasn`t become a big star to boost Flopiit:DoA numbers.

Huh? He was good but I don't know about show stopping. But Closer is the type of movie that suits him. Gosford Park as well.

He stole the show completely in Closer, and that's saying a lot as everybody else in the film really delivered as well. And oh yeah, he was great in GP too.

As much as I love Inside Man, Clive Owen is pretty much boring as shit in most movies.

That was my favorite Clive Owen role. He kept my interest in that. Not to say the rest of the movie was boring. I'm just saying I didn't find him boring in it.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

That turd was 100% advertised on Knightmare and bombed miserably. She is not a star. Nor is Owen but he barely featured in Knightmare-heavy promo.

I remember reading that Disney had Knightley under contract after the first Pirates and could have paid her much less to do the sequels, instead they had her do the flop King Arthur! :ph34r:

• Like 1

He stole the show completely in Closer, and that's saying a lot as everybody else in the film really delivered as well. And oh yeah, he was great in GP too.

Stealing the show doesn`t equal ability to carry a movie. Many actors work in quirky supporting roles but suck as leads because leading roles are usually less colorful and one needs presence to make not very interesting character engaging.

I don`t hate him. I`m just amused by Hollywood`s stupidity. He`s a virtual nobody save to fans of FNL Sherlock and like all nobodies that Hollywood puts in 20 movies a year and think they`ll catch on he flopped STID opening and that won`t stop. Taylor Kitsch Redux.

I absolutely loathe his fans, though.

He is the reason why people are loving the film.

• Like 1

I remember reading that Disney had Knightley under contract after the first Pirates and could have paid her much less to do the sequels, instead they had her do the flop King Arthur! :ph34r:

Funny thing is Warrior Knightmare flopped KA and then they focused AWE, a 300M budget movie, on Warrior Knightmare! And then scratched their heads why it turned the least profitable of all POTC movies.

Edited by fishnets

Stealing the show doesn`t equal ability to carry a movie. Many actors work in quirky supporting roles but suck as leads because leading roles are usually less colorful and one needs presence to make not very interesting character engaging.

Agreed.